Part 8- Attracted or Repulsed?

Thanks for sticking with us! Enjoy!💓

When Maldives and Gerald arrived at the party, the hall was already more than half -full and Maldives in particular was more than happy as she felt that the crowd would act as a shield to prevent her from drawing too much attention to herself, but the reverse was the case as it was quite hard to miss the lustful looks she received from the many men present at the party. "Gerald do you think I'm over-dressed?"

"What? No! Look around girl, it all smells like money in here, and you Honey, smell like a million of it"

"Awwn, you're too nice you know" she smiled back at him, but he was certainly right, it did smell like money there. One look at the vicinity and one would think that the party was being hosted by members of a golf club. Although there were mostly old men, most of which were already balding, the remainder of the men looked like they had all been vomited out of a business magazine. Maldives was surprised to see how much effort everyone had put into their looks for the night. Even her colleagues, most of which were novices like her, all looked like billion-dollar personalities. There were Armanis, Dolce & Gabbanas, Italians and red-bottoms walking all around and even the women were not left behind. Plunging neck-lines, red bottoms, pearls, red lips and perfectly manicured finger nails seemed to be the call for the day, especially for the women who graced the arms of the investors.

Trophy wives Rachel would call them, each time she was spilling some tea on one or some of the scandals that always seemed to be drizzling amongst the lives of the rich, especially amongst those of them who lived in LA. She often joked about how much she missed working in LA as it was hardly ever quiet working in a city filled with men and women living their daily lives as if they were on some reality show. She said while living in New York was helping her reprioritize the important things in her life, things were more fun and thrilling in the city of LA, at least she didn't have to work under a boss who treated her workers like robots without feelings.

"I'll go get drinks for us, stay here okay?" he said to her and she nodded. She watched his back trail off amongst the many ones who interacted back and forth between each other and sighed. Why am I not attracted to him? She wondered, he's tall, dark and handsome...and caring too, kind of man momma would definitely welcome if I brought home, yet, I don't find myself wanting him, at least not in a physical way. She sighed again, it was no use thinking so much about the issue. Yes, Gerald appeared to look like the perfect candidate for a boyfriend, but she wasn't quite sure she was ready to go into a serious relationship yet. She wasn't over it, how he treated her, after all those beautiful memories they both created, she had never expected things to take the turn they took and end the way they did. She needed time, time to be sure she knew what she wanted.

Also, there was the fact that there wasn't any real chemistry between the two of them, at least from her point of view. Maybe with time, things could change.. right?

"Maaalll, I'm so happy you came! You look so beautiful!" a very dazzling Rachel chirped from behind her.

"Thank you, but guurrl, I ain't the one rocking those Louiboutons right now, look at you!"

"Oh well, I try I guess" she said, hugging her. "...you smell nice too, really nice"

"Thanks! So, did you come alone?"

"Oh no, I'm here with my fiancé...he's over there somewhere"

"That's nice, maybe you could introduce us later, I'll sure love to meet the man who keeps you grinning like a clown all the time" she winked and earned a laughter from her.

"Yes Frank is wonderful, but come close let me tell you something...the key to staying happy with the man you love, IS GOOD SEX!" she whispered into her ears.