Part 9- Where Were we?

Gerald up there guys! Enjoy!

"You know I still can't understand why you won't go out with him again" Chris said.

Two months, that was how much time that had passed since the unforgettable dinner party hosted by REGAL Corp., and the unforgettable kiss Maldives had shared with Fai. Even though she had not set eyes on him ever since then, the kiss was a memory she relived each day, and especially each night of her life.

Never had she, in her entire being, been so consumed by pure lust and euphoria by just a kiss, but perhaps, it wasn't just his mastery at the art of lip dancing that managed to torture her for the past two months, it was everything. His scent...his voice...his eyes...his fingers especially, they had managed to soothe away the pain she felt from her migraines.

The kiss was undoubtedly for her, the best part of the party, but she wasn't going to admit that to herself, or to anybody, especially after how the night had ended.

"I don't understand, why do you keep stressing this? I already told you, I ain't going out with Gerald no more, period. Is that so hard to understand Chrissy?"

"All I want is want is an explanation Mal, there's got to be some reason why...you can't remain single forever, it's been more than a year Hun!"

"A year isn't that long"

"It is, if you haven't gotten laid ever since!"

"And what makes you think I haven't?"

"Oh please Mal, I think I know you well enough to know when you've just gotten laid, we all do"

"What?!" she sounded shocked as she looked in the direction of Brenda who had been feasting on her chocolate mint ice cream.

"Whuurt?? I'm tryna have some ice-cream time here, not tryna be stuck between you two" she said through her ice-cream-filled mouth.

"Look Chris, there's really no one reason why I don't want to go out with him anymore, its just...it is what it is"

"You know what? I'm tired, I honestly am. It's like ever since things ended off with him, you've taken an oath to go celibate, might as well just join the convent you know" he said and she sighed as she took a seat on the couch beside Brenda and grabbed the ice cream cup from her

"Hey that's mine! And that's the last one you know!"

"There's more in the Freezer Bree"

"But I checked the freezer when I got here and found none"

"Did you check the smaller freezer?" she asked and Brendas response to her question was her getting up and making her way to the Freezer in full speed. "Welcome to momma hunnies!" she said as she unveiled the rows of chocolate and strawberry flavored ice-cream Maldives had stored in her freezer.

"Chris, this isn't about Jeremih, it's about the simple reason that I'm not attracted to Gerald"

"You're not?" Chris asked.

"You're not?!" Brenda echoed with a face that held pure shock.

"No I'm not"

"B-but how is that even possible? How the ef are you not attracted to that fine nigg*?!" she cursed, looking at Maldives like she had just grown two heads.

"Honestly, I don't understand it myself. Gerald is undoubtedly a fine man, but I honestly don't find myself wanting to ride him whenever I see him"

"So you don't wanna fuck the boy now, what makes you think you wouldn't want to in the future?" he asked.

"Christian, come on, I know myself, and I know how body works, if I'm not attracted to someone from the onset, I can never be afterwards, and if I'm not attracted to a person, how can I be in a relationship with them?"