Part 31- A Happy Crew.

Martha up there 👆🏾

After five days off, your best friend is back again! 😜
Thanks to all of you for asking about my health, I'm recuperating well 😇

This chapter is dedicated to oluwakemie HazellHassan7699 maarze

Enjoy!

"Is my son in there?" Martha asked as she screened her from head to toe.

"Um yes he—" Maldives was saying when Fai interrupted.

"Mother?" He called from his table and Maldives sighed in relief.
It had already began to feel increasingly hard to breathe in front of her, let alone utter coherent sentences.

Opening the door wide for her to step in, she made sure to give the woman enough space in order to avoid body contact, before excusing herself and closing the door behind her.

When Martha was sure she was out of sight, she spoke, "That girl still works here?" she enquired and Fai returned her look with an unimpressed one. "Mother, she has a name, 'Maldives' "he corrected and she threw her hands up in defense.

"What? I was just asking, can't a woman ask a question around here?" she shrugged as she began walking around, scanning the entirety of the office.

Studying the awards and medals displayed on the shelves, she paused in her tracks, "Was? Also kann ich von meinem Sohn keinen Nachmittagskuss mehr bekommen? she asked in their native language. (What? So I cant get an afternoon kiss from my son anymore?)", and he sighed.

He proceeded to step out of his desk to approach where she was stood.
"Es tut mir leid, mama Guten Tag, wie fuhlst du dich heute? (I'm sorry mother, Good afternoon, how are you feeling today?)" he asked, placing a soft kiss across her cheeks as she pulled him into her embrace.

"Oh mein sohn! You don't know how much I've missed you! Now that you boys have grown, it feels like you don't need your mama anymore..."she lamented in between sobs—sobs Fai knew were mostly fake.

"Mom, you're being so dramatic now..." he sighed as he hugged her and rolled his eyes at her antics.

"You know I'm saying the truth!" she smacked him across the chest and began feeling his body all over, "...you're losing weight Tieresch!" she reprimanded.

"What—I am?" he asked, surprise by the realisation.

"Yes, you are, look at this, all this—cheekbones! You have cheekbones Fai! And these stress lines on your forehead too, is your father putting much pressure on you again? Tell me now and I will—"

"Mom-mom! I'm alright, okay? And no, this isn't about dad—yes it's work-related, but don't worry, I've got it covered" he assured.

Staring into his eyes in the manner which she did each time she felt one of children were being mischievous, Fai knew his mother wasn't buying any of the things he had just told her and he cursed inwardly at the fact that if there was one trait he knew he shared with his her, it was their perchance for being able to easily decipher a truth.

"You don't have to lie to me, I'm only looking out for you" she shrugged as she began roaming her hands all over his chest.

Sliding her hands beneath the lapels of his suit, she searched for the object of her desire and Fai stopped her hands right in their tracks. Pulling them out, he sighed frustratingly before dipping his right hand into his pants pocket to pull out his inhaler.
"This is what you're looking for isn't it?" he probed her and she sighed in relief. "A mother can fuss over her son, can't she?" she threw back at him, as she made her way to settle herself on one of the sofas.