Part 49- Jollof & Momma.

Fai up there👆🏾
Christmas is almost here! OMG!!! 😆😆😆
Thank you so much for 10k reads! 🌲🌌 I'm beyond grateful! 😍🤩

Margaret squinted, as if trying to figure something out, while Fai, with each passing second, felt his hand grow colder than ice.

"Oh forgive me, I'm Margaret" she smiled warmly, taking his hand in hers and unknowingly granting relief to the almost passed-out duo. For a while there, they feared she was going to right out ignore him, but thanked the spirits when she reconsidered her actions.

"Wait a minute, why do you look familiar?" she asked as she ran her fingers through his face, the typical African mother way. Fai more than anything, found the gesture rather amusing as he didn't think anyone had ever caressed his face in such manner, especially not a total stranger-well, not since teen-hood when the wives of dad's partners tried fulfilling their weird sexual fantasies with me.

But this-this was different. It wasn't at all weird, nor awkward, it was warm, pure warmth, and he found it kind.

"Okay momma, you can let go now" Maldives stated, pulling her mother's hand away from his cheeks before rolling her eyes at her. Margaret threw her daughter a spiteful gaze-her way of telling her she planned to do whatever she wanted to do, and that she didn't need her 'instructions'.

"You know, I could have sworn weeve met before..." she suggested, tapping her index involuntarily against her chin as she dived into some brief deep thinking.

"Yes, I came over before, remember?"

"No, even before then... We've met a long time ago, right?"

"Mummy, are you sure you're not just confusing him with someone else? I mean it could be that you're-"

"No, she's right, we have met before" Fai attested with a friendly smile. Maldives stared at him confusedly, "Really?"

"Yeah, we met during your daughter's convocation, remember? You spoke to me, thanked me for investing in the school and also for-"

"For providing my daughter with a job-yes I remember now! Oh my God!" she completed and chuckled with relief. Maldives smiled at the memory of it, that day had been the third time they had seen each other.
"...it's so sad you didn't inherit all of your mother's features..." the words he had uttered to her that had managed to almost ruin her mood for the whole day. That was of course, before his aunt had succeeded in completing the job afterwards.

Oh man, how time flies...

"But I'm curious, what are you doing here? Oh wait a minute-are you two supposed to be having a business dinner? Cause if you are then I can just-"

"Um mummy..."She called and bit her lip nervously. It's now or never Mal... she breathed.

"Mummy, Fai-he's not here for business..."

"Really? Then what is it? Is something wrong, did my daughter do something bad?" Martha freted, staring back and forth between her daughter, and the man she believed held her financial fate in his palms. Fai found the whole ordeal thrilling, to think the woman probably felt intimidated by his presence was really fascinating.

Hahaha calm down woman, I'm here for anything other than trouble! He chuckled inwardly.

"If she's in trouble, then please-"

*Chuckles* "No ma'am, your daughter is perfectly okay. She's...perfect..." he said, smiling at Maldives who now had an inconceivable blush on her face. Martha wondered curiously about the both of them, trying so hard to make something out of the broken phrases they kept offering her.