Part 29- Meeting Nico.

Nico up there guys! ☝🏾

Sooo...in the previous chapter, I asked you guys to guess who you felt was Fai's guest, but no one guessed right🤣...let me just take that as a complement 🙈
But I really did appreciate the responses...

So I guess I'll be dedicating this chapter to everyone of you who's come this far with me in this story💓

And please don't stop commenting 🙏🏾 I read every one of them and they motivate me to keep writing 🙏🏾

Let's get back to it!

"What the hell???" Fai cursed, upon seeing who it was.

"Fai?" he responded.

"Nico! Oh My God, my man! It's so good to see you mate!" Fai buzzed as he made his way to hug his best friend.

"I know right?! Nice to see you too! You don't know how exciting it is to to hear you call me that...after you ghosted out on all of us back at LA!" Nico smirked as they settled themselves on either chairs of the desk.

"Um Amy, that'll be all for now, thank you..."Fai dismissed before speaking up again, "...yeah you know I didn't do that on purpose, me ghosting you all" Fai explained and Nico nodded in understanding. "Yeah I understand, but you know you actually look really good! I mean it doesn't appear to be as bad as Martha talked about" Nico responded.

"My mother? She talked to you about me?" he furrowed.

"Talked to me?! Mate, she went around calling all our friends, asking if we knew your possible location and then she had a hard time believing that I in particular didn't know your whereabouts, which I am still mad about! But now you're okay, and it's good to see you again man" he smiled.

"Yeah well, I wasn't always like this, it took quite a lot to finally arrive here" Fai sighed.

"Really? But are you—" *Knocks on the door*

"...hey..." Maldives said when she opened the door slightly, and sighted Fai with his guest. "...oh I'm sorry I didn't know— "she began apologizing with intents on closing the door when Fai stopped her. "No-no don't go Mal, come on in, there's someone I want you to meet..." he urged, as he walked over to where she stood to invite her in.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna—" she began protesting when Fai pulled her with him, "Nico, meet Mal, Mal, this is Nico, my best friend, I told you about him before, right?" he explained while she nodded at the man who offered her a warm smile.

"Welcome to New York Nico! I hope you enjoy your stay here...it's not as fancy as LA, but hey, at least it never sleeps" she smiled.

"Hahaha, well I have been here a couple times but I think this time, I'm going to be staying here a pretty long while..." he responded, "....but you've got quite a peculiar name, Maldives, and I hope I don't sound idiotic for asking this since you apparently don't look Asian, but are you—' he began asking when she stole the words from his mouth.

"Am I from Maldives?" she nodded knowingly.

"Right, I assume you get asked that a lot" he chuckled.

"Yeah you can't imagine, but no, I'm not from Maldives, it was just a name my mother picked out for me, I'm actually Nigerian" Maldives explained.

"Nigeria?" he repeated and she nodded. Maldives noticed his silence and misunderstood it to mean something else, "Come on, say it..."she encouraged.

"What?" he furrowed.

"What you're thinking...'corruption, scammers, bombings', you know you want to"