Part 16- Getting Together.

Dedicated to oluwakemie and iam_tessy thanks for sticking with us, Enjoy!

"I've looked at all of your proposals and I've seen all that you've listed...they seem alright, but how do I know you'll keep to your end of the deal? How am I sure this isn't just some ploy to colonize our lands? And our people thereafter?" asked the short dark minister through his brown-framed glasses.

"We would never do that...our financial secretary here can show you our records. We've had extremely high rates of successes in the past forty years, uf we say we'll do something, expect nothing less" Fai responded. They were currently seated in the office of the minister, and striking a deal with the stubborn old man was proving to be one hell of a challenge for them.

"What happens if after you've pried our lands, you figured there wasn't as much gold after all? Would the lands be abandoned in its upheaval state?"

"No, of course not, besides, we've done our surveys properly, Mr. Thelabo over here who happens to also be a citizen of your country can attest to the fact that there is sufficient gold beneath there, but if at all our disturbances on the lands yield no gold, you can be rest assured you'll be compensated dearly for that"

"Hmm...you said the benefits will be split 70:30 eh?"

"Correct"

"Hmm...alright, I'll get back to you in three days time, when do you all leave?"

"We're here for a week at least"

"Okay, we have enough time to think this through, thank you for coming Mr.Regan" he said as he stood up to exchange hands with him before seeing them out.

"Well, that went better than I expected" Thelabo said when they got to the car.

"Is he always that uptight?" Rachel asked.

"The minister can be quite difficult, yes, but he actually seemed nice today" He responded.

"You call that nice?" Maldives scoffed.

"He's right, getting a mining permit is always one of the hardest parts of mining. Often times the government want to be sure we're not trying to exploit their lands as well as tamper with the interest of the Locals" Fai said.

"Wow...must take a ton to convince them then"

"Yeah, you have no idea"

"So what happens now? Do we have somewhere else to go?" Maldives asks.

"I don't know...Rachel, do I have anything else planned in my schedule?"

"No boss, we're all cleared" she responded after going through the journal she often carried around for him.

"Alright then, I guess it's back to the hotel" then he said as their driver unlocked the doors to their car. "...do you guys want us to have dinner at a restaurant or something?"

"Well, I am starving, but I don't think we have to do that, remember the hotel is throwing a party tonight?" asked Rachel.

"They are?" Fai asked.

"Yes they are, you didn"t receive the invite?" she asked.

"What invite?"

"They said they'll be having this Annual August party feast or something, can't remember what exactly, but the bottom line is that there's going to be a party tonight, free food...free drinks...Mal, you're aware of it right?"