Part 5- Family & Friends, Enemies & Allies.

Thanks for sticking around, enjoy!

Fai arrived at 'The Red Cherry' and saw the one thing he treasured the most, yet hated at the same time. At the far end of the restaurant, seated around the largest table there was in the room, was his family, his entire family.

He hadn't seen them in months and it actually felt years. After the tragic event that took place, they all knew he had lost it. They were all sensitive to his pain and had all shown concern by constantly reaching out and offering their support, the support he in turn rejected. He wasnt a very emotional person. He hated people showing any level of pity on him, so he had tried hard to avoid the confrontation with his family. In his mind, he was perfectly capable of pulling through whatever hurdle life threw at him.

After having stood there for what seemed like centuries, he took a deep breath and finally let the waiter who stood there with him all the while, accompany him to his seat. On his getting there, it was his little sister, who first caught sight of him.
"Fai's here!" she announced as she jumped out of her seat and ran off to jump up on him.

"Hey Feefee!" he said, picking her up and giving her a peck on the cheeks "...why young lady, you certainly seem to be reaching for the giraffes' necks, next thing you know, you'll over throne me and be the tallest one in the family!" he teased.

"You know that could never be possible Fai! I missed you! I still haven't forgiven you for abandoning us you know, mum and dad have been so worried about you"

"I know, and I missed you guys too. It's just...I had to take some time off to see to some things"

"What things?" she quizzed him with curious eyes.

"Um...grown up things that you can't understand hun"

"Oh you mean like Hailey-kind-of-thing?"

"Hmm yeah, something like that, but that's all in the past now"

"Does that mean you'll come back home to LA?!"

"No Princess, I'm afraid that's got to wait for now"

"Mmhmm okay...so, what did you get for me?" she said with a cunning smile Fai knew all too well

"Yeah about that... I'm sorry I didn't get you anything" he said with a faint panic in his voice.

"What?! Why?!" she asked in a dramatic way, by this time, they were already standing in front of the others.

"Because Princess, I didn't know I was going to be seeing you today...BECAUSE SOMEONE DIDN'T GIVE ME A HEADSTART" he said, turning his sight to Faury who avoided eye contact with him.

"Fai, you won't even say hi to me?" his mother, Martha, cried with fake tears.

"But mother, I only just got here" he said as he walked over to where he was seated and kissed her on the cheeks.

"Son, you don't know how much I missed you! We all did! You weren't picking your calls or showing up at the office, and—"

"I know mum, I know, but I'm here now, and I'm, you don't have to worry so much about me"

"Of course I'm going to worry! My son disappears for months without communication, what kind of mother would handle that?"

"The type that trusts her son to take care of himself? I'm twenty-nine for Christ's sake, yet you treat me like Im mates with Faura"

"Hey! I'm not a little girl anymore you know! I'm going to be eight in two months and twenty four days"

"Of course hun, forgive my manners"