12 • I like You • 12

CHAPTER TWELVE• CHARLIE •

CHAPTER TWELVE
• CHARLIE •

Friday came quickly. I spent the week travelling back and forth to school in my stepbrother's car feeling like a fly on the wall. I ended up putting my earphones in to drown out their annoying conversations that only ever seemed to be about their social lives or football.

After school on Friday, we arrived outside our house, and we all headed inside. I walked in front of my stepbrothers, through to the kitchen and went to grab a snack and a drink.

"You not going to wait for dinner?" Tommy asked me as he followed me to the snack draw and picked out a packet of crisps. He turned away from me and threw one in Harry's direction.

"I'm going out so I'm probably not having dinner."

"Did you tell our Dad?" Harry asked me. I turned to see him sat munching on the crisps from the island.

"No. I wasn't aware I needed your Dad's permission?" Harry raised his eyebrows and shrugged like he knew something I didn't. "What?" I questioned.

"I didn't say anything." Harry replied, irritated.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No, but you're implying it. Spit it out already, dumbass."

"Dumbass, really? Very mature, Charlotte." Harry stated, flatly.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, stop trying to annoy me and tell me whatever it is I need to know."

Tommy sighed. "Can you two just give it a rest already? Do you ever get tired of being like this?"

I rolled my eyes whilst Harry stood up and went to the fridge to grab a soda. "She's the one that's whining. Not me."

"Because you're annoying me." I huffed. "Asshole." I muttered.

Just then, someone swatted the back of my head and I turned to see Harry give me a sly look before heading out of the room.

"Hey!" I growled. "We're not done here and how dare you touch me!"

Harry, however, didn't turn back. He pointed his middle finger in my direction and then disappeared upstairs. I heard him say "deal with it," before he was completely gone.

I sighed and turned to Tommy. "Why is your brother such an ass whole?"

"Why do you let him wind you up like that?" Tommy asked. "Man, I thought I was the annoying one. He's literally beating me at my own game."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you going to tell me what he was going on about?"

"Yeah." Tommy smirked. "Our parents thought they'd do like a special dinner tonight like they used to do when we used to go to each other's houses for dinner on Friday's."

"You mean before we moved in together and my life was ruined forever?" I asked, smirking.

"Exactly." Tommy grinned.