Midnight Milkshakes - Traves

Traves is an absolute sweetpea <3 This imagine is inspired by a Carson imagine on another book

This imagine is inspired by a Carson imagine on another book. If anyone knows the author or what the book is called , please let me know. I wanna give them credit :)

Edit! I found it! This imagine is inspired by lemonadeleaves 's Carson imagine.
--------------

Y/n worked at a small dessert shop that was open 24 hours. It was small and covered in pastel colors, with an older diner-like aesthetic. Y/n was never really a morning person, so she always took the night shifts. She always had 10 to 20 people depending on the day, but she remembers seeing the same boy.

A boy with curly hair and soft brown eyes, big hoodie, and some basket ball shorts. He always came in, holding a girl's hand,or he was with his group of friends having a huge smile. Walking towards the 3rd table to the left, by the window that showed the moonlight and stars. He'd always ask for the usual, a oreo milkshake with extra whipped cream and chocolate drizzle, whilst he let his date, or friend get whatever they wanted. Still having the soft yet adorable smile plastered on his face.

- \o/!! -

It was 11pm on a friday night, the shop was completely empty. The song "dream alittle dream of me by Doris Day" played softly, but enough for it echo throughout the shop.

The small bell rang as the door opened, "welcome!" Y/n says, looking up with a smile. Only to see the curly haired boy,
Sulking slightly as he walks in. Hood up, sniffling towards the diner table. "The usual please." His voice cracks slightly, as he looks at the table. Y/n looks slightly and sees his face, tear stained and puffy, his cheeks covered in a rosey pink. Y/n's eyes soften and got to work.

"Oreo milkshake with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle." She says, placing the tall milkshake infront of him. He slowly pulls out a $10 dollar bill but Y/n stops him. "It's on the house dude, just enjoy the night while it lasts." She says softly, he lets out a breathy laugh and looks at Y/n. "I'm Traves, you?"
"Y/n." She says, sitting next to Traves.
"I see you ain't feeling the best, you can talk to me. I'm a stranger, I don't have anything against you."She says, making Traves smile and sigh.

"I fell in love with a girl who was way out of my league, and still I hoped we would be together."

The rest of Y/n shift was Traves telling Y/n why he came in covered in tears. She looks at the time and smiles, getting up from behind the counter and gets her phone. Detaching it from the speakers, "it's the end of my shift!" She cheers, spinning slightly. Traves laughs at her excitement. For the moments they talked, they started to know eachother fairly well.

"Hey Um. Weird question but uh, where do you live? I-I just wanted to ask i could walk you home." Traves asks nervously, Y/n chuckles. "Well, I live on Citrus Street-" "oh! I live on that street too! Let's walk to together." He says, she blushed slightly and chuckles.

"Sure." She says, grabbing her things and going. As they walk out the door, Traves looks at her and smiles. "Maybe I should go out for midnight milk shakes more often." He says, Y/n looks back and smiles "maybe you should."