The eyes say everything - jschlatt

I'm really popping off rn, idk what's going on

————-
Female reader

"I'm fine." He says, brushing y/n off as they get in the car to go home.
y/n sighs and gets into the passenger side, "obviously not. You've been mad or pissed at something all day." She says, buckling their seat belt.

Schlatt freezes for a second and looks at y/n. Schlatt hadn't talked to her about him feeling that way, scratch that. He barely talked to her at all today.
Lunch club had filmed another video, but this time y/n was in it. The entire time Ted was being rather clingy, and Schlatt understood that Ted was naturally clingy. But he couldn't help but get jealous.

"How'd you know?" Schlatt asks, y/n chuckles and takes the aux. Going through her phone and playing a soft song. "The way you looked at Ted today. I don't think you notice darling, but you tend to glare at people when jealous." She says chuckling again, softly swaying to the music.
"So? Are you going to spill why you've been so down in the dumps?" She asks, looking at Schlatt. Who was now avoiding her gaze, staring straight at the road. "I wasn't down in the dumps Y/n." He responds, his eyes blink slowly and look away from her and the road for a second. "You're totally lying." She says smiling, giggling slightly.

"You always look away from me when you lie! Now come on, tell me why you're being a piss baby." Y/n says, Schlatt cracks and smile and stifles a laugh. "No, actually I don't think I will."
He says, Y/n knew he was cooling down. But she saw that glint in his eyes, that showed hesitation.

"Well I already know." Y/n says shrugging. "Oh?" Schlatt responds playfully, a brow raised with a smirk.
None of his friends are able to read him, why would she be able to read him? "You've been jealous of  Ted all day, baby. You know Ted is just naturally clingy that way, he's always giving hugs." She says softly, resting more into her seat.

"You have this certain look in your eyes, it's not even the way your eyebrows furrow. Your eyes get darker and your eyes seem to glisten." She says, "whenever that happens I know that you're either mad or something." She says shrugging.  Schlatt was alittle startled but kept his composure.
Feeling Y/n's stare as he drives.

"So would you'd know if I stopped loving you." He asks, she nods.
"I've been with you for 3 year baby, I've seen the way your eyes lack color when you aren't as motivated anymore. Your eyes just go dull, like almost gray? And your pupils get smaller. It's what happened when you didn't have any motivation to edit last week." She says,
"And I know you're alittle shocked to hear it, that someone can finally understand you." She says mockingly, softly letting her hand fall onto his.

Schlatt only laughs, "how do you know all these things Y/n?" Making her laugh and finally break her gaze from Schlatt.
Staring at the night sky infront of her,
feeling the wind brush against her skin.

"The eyes say everything darling."