|| Pain in ass

*I am not stubborn, my way is just better than yours*

Ayat's POV~

I was back to work and avoided Ryan as much as possible. Still I do all the work for him, arranging his meetings, files, reports, attending his calls, taking care of his foods but now one thing is changed he doesn't let me arrange his dating life. May be he is embarrassed about our kissing encounter. He always initiate our talk I don't go to his office anymore until he calls me.

I was making some coffee but this damn machine is as stubborn as his boss. I was going to kick it when I heard a masculine voice from behind.

"Want some help there?"

I turned and saw the person to whom that voice belong as mascular as his voice. A handsome gentleman in brown suit with eye catching face and deep ocean blue eyes standing infront of me. Suddenly I recalled that I have seen him with Ryan on the company games day.

"Hii I am Edward" he offered me his hand which I shook firmly.

"Hello, I am Aayat"

"I know. We never met officially before but I saw you at office event day and I know you are Ryan's assistant"

"Yeah... I just remembered, I saw you too at event"

"Let me help you, I am actually very good with machines" I moved away and he fixed the machine. Soon I get my coffee. The smell only clamed my nerves.

"Ohh thank you very much. Do you like to have a cup yourself??" I was really grateful to him although it was just a small thing but when I took first sip of coffee it felt like he saved my life.

We took our seat near the lounge area. This office was practically designed like a five star hotel. And devil don't like to share the floor with anyone.

"Where the hell were you?" We both got startled hearing that roar. I looked to my boss.. what the hell is wrong with this guy.

"It... It was my break time so I was having a cup of coffee"

"I was ringing on your desk phone and when I came out to check my assistant was nowhere to be seen. What if I had any emergency?"

"I was having trouble with the coffee machine and your friend Edward helped me" I rolled my eyes but still answered.

"How kind of him" he glared at Edward "what are you doing here?"

Why is this man so weird? Is this a way to talk to friend?

Edward cleared his throat "We were supposed to go for site seeing of my new club. Nate is already waiting there and you were not answering your phone"

"Ohh I am sorry I was just busy with upcoming launch party. Let's get going." He and Edward started to going towards lift when I happily started humming my favourite song.

Love me like you do,
kiss me like you do.

But my happiness leaved for a span of time as Ryan's stern voice ring into my ears.

"Miss Seth you need to come with us too."

What the heck??

"Why?" Unaware of the fact that I was staring at my boss with hung open mouth, I suddenly asked.

"Are you questioning your boss Miss Seth?" He raised his eyebrows like a complete arrogant jerk.

I sighed disappointedly and followed them to lift. We boarded the car and all the time I maintained a professional saccharine smile on my face. Whereas Edward was smirking finding the situation funny.

We reached to the fied where Nate was already waiting for us. I was delighted to see him again and why not except devil, his all friends were quite easygoing.

Ryan's phone suddenly ran and I sighed in relief.

"Let me just receive this one." He excused himself to take the call.

"So is it always like that?" Suddenly Edward asked.

"Not always but most of the time" Totally understanding his hidden question about my bosses rude behaviour towards me.

"You always wanted to be an assistant??? Actually you don't seem like an assistant material" All the time Nate was listening our conversation.

"I can't be more agree. I was a teacher before"

"What??? So what are you doing here?" Edward's eyes almost came out of socket in disbelief.

I wasn't sure how much I should tell him about my and Devil's meeting but I thought to play it cool and I really don't have a plan to reveal my and Ryan's club encounter here. Because the one who will be embarrassed in the end is me.

"I came to his office to take his interview on behalf of my friend who is my roommate also but he caught me. The interview went almost for fifteen minutes but in that fifteen minutes he was amused and impressed by my questions and like the way I covered up for my friend. Then he offered me an internship here as his secretary. So here I am now working as his assistant"

"But Ryan didn't appeared in any interview recently" Edward said with confused expression on his face.

"Who appeared in interview?" Ryan's questionable voice suddenly sounded from sideway.

"You... Ayat said she came to take your interview first. We seemed to miss that." Edward shrugged.

"You would have if I would appeared in any." Ryan sent me his devilish glare.

"It's a plot from Fifty shades of grey, the same scene where Anastatia comes to take interview of Christian" I admitted. All three gazed me as confused as a student's experience in his first class of logarithm.

"What??? do you expect me to tell about our meeting at club where I got totally wasted? Hell no I am not going to let my first expression as a hooker." I raised a questionable eyebrow.

He just shook his head and I excised myself to discuss something with project manager. I know that's silly of me to first use a movie plot as cover and then admit that I lied. I almost facepalmed myself. They must be laughing at me now.

Why can't I lie for once?

"So she is the girl from hotel?" I heard Edward asking him as walked towards the site.

"She is cute."

Nate voiced his opinion about me and I'm not sure how much devil will agree with this but still I hold my breath and slower my steps to listen his answer.

"More like pain in ass"

A real devil

Nate and Edward's laughter echoed through the empty site.

*****
Please do votes and comments
Srish 💕