|| Childhood Friend

*Nobody is desperate in love, everybody just wants to feel important to someone*

"How are you baby girl?" The man was scanning her body like making sure she isn't hurting anywhere more.

"I am fine big boy... Who told you?" Ayat asked.

"Are you an idiot? Of course you are, why am I asking this to you? But seriously what do you think of yourself? Some kind of super woman? Why didn't you inform me before coming here? You know how your safety is important to me"

The man was scolding at her but it's clearly visible that he cared for her.

"I am fine. You didn't tell anything about the this to mom right?"

Ayat asked in worried expression. She didn't want her mom and grandma to be worried unnecessarily when she is fine now.

"Of course not, but before coming here I went to check on both of them and they are perfectly fine. They are just worried that you haven't called them for so many days"

"Yeah... I was kind of... busy" Ayat replied diverting her eyes.

These whole scene was witnessed by Ryan, Nate and Alina, whether Alina and Nate was shocked, Ryan was boiling in anger from inside. 

Soon Ayat and the man noticed their presence, and that man turned to introduce himself.

"Sorry everyone... I was kind of worried. I am Carter Wilson... Ayat's childhood friend"

"You are the heir of Wilson group?" Nate asked in shock.

"Ha ha ha... No I am the second son and my elder brother is in charge of business" he turned towards Ayat and smiled

"I have my own business though, I am the business partner of Ayat"

"The mind behind all my business" Ayat added further.

"Ohh please" but Carter just shrugged at her compliment.

"Hello... I am Alina. Ayat's roommate" Alina introduced herself first

"And this is my boyfriend Nate Lyons"

"And also Ryan's bestfriend" Ayat added slowly, Alina just blushed. Carter shook hands with both.

"You must be Ryan" he turned to Ryan and shook his hand.

"Yes the boyfriend" Ryan said firmly with a straight face.

Ayat rolled her eyes at his boyfriend word. Carter turned towards Ayat raised an eyebrow.
"When did this happen?"

"A couple of days ago" Ayat said looking down shyly.

But Ryan was observing her each and every moves, expression. He was upset why didn't she introduce him as a boyfriend herself. She agreed to date exclusively. Then he remembered something.

"That day when I asked you to do booking at Heaven, you called him?"

"Yes, he was the only option at that time"

Ayat glared at him when she remembered how he had tortured her through out the week.

And Ryan was angry because she didn't introduce him as her official boyfriend.

Ryan was upset but didn't react or say anything to Ayat because she was not well.

During dinner Alina broke the silence.

"So who do you think attacked to Ayat?"

"I don't know police is still investigating the case" Ryan answered.

"You think it can be anyone from that group which we exposed" Nate asked

"Yes... That has to be one of them. Other than them why anybody will want to hurt me" Ayat replied to his question. Everyone node their heads in agreement but not Carter.

He knows her friend very well to believe in her lie. He stared at her with such intensity that Ayat knew she wouldn't be able to hide anything from him.

She just shake her head and in question Carter raised his eyebrow which clearly understood by Ayat that what he was asking. She replied with a node and Carter clenched his fist in rage but didn't show anything in his face.

Because he didn't want to reveal her past. It's completely her decision to share whenever she wants and with whomever she wants.

But Ryan noticed their facial expressions very closely.

"I heard you fixed a meeting with me about some business deal?" Carter diverted the topic.

"Yeah... I wanted to make a deal to buy the resort but didn't know my woman would be the owner" Ryan kissed Ayat's back of hand.

"Ha ha ha... Your woman owns so many properties Mr. Grey. You would be surprised and as well as impressed to know" Carter replied with a delightful expression.

"So tell me at this age how does she own this big business. As per my knowledge she belongs to an upper middle class family" Alina asked with genuine curiosity. She was surely proud of her friends success. Ayat smiled at her but answered her anyhow. She knows this is the time.

"I never thought I would ever be able to achieve that much. Previously I was assisting my mom so I got some business knowledge from her. Then I started to put my money in share market and I got lucky again. Soon Carter gave me a business proposal to be his partner and then we started our joint business and..." Ayat stopped and looked towards Carter.

She didn't want know how to continue from there. How much she should told them and what they will think about her.

Looking her unable to continue Carter intrupted "But she wasn't interested in business, she wanted to persuade her higher degree. So I let her do that. She works as a hidden partner and I as working partner"

"Wow you guys make such a good team. You understand eachother so well"

Alina complimented cheerfully but Nate jerked her hand to stop her indicating towards Ryan's.

He was fuming with rage.

*****
Please do votes and comments
Srish 💕