03

Chapter 03:
IS SHE CRYING?

"Doctor Swift. Please, come in."

Taylor's smile widened as her eyes caught the face of the man who from the beginning was the reason why she was in Nashville, even though Taylor had already obtained the rights and obligations to remain at an international hospital in New York.

His name is Thomas Evans. He's doctor who is a thirty-five year old surgeon who never failed to stop Taylor from admiring him. Doctor Evans is one of Harvard's best graduates and this clinic is his. In addition, he is also very handsome, in Taylor's opinion at least. He has a face that Taylor always admires at.

"Sit down, doctor Swift. I have a few things to say. By the way, how about a cup of tea?" Doctor Evans offered, while showing his best smile to Taylor who immediately held her breath.

Taylor pulled a chair and sat opposite of Doctor Evans. The twenty-five year old girl tried to remain calm before answering, "No thank you, doctor. I just drank some." Again, doctor Evans smiled and nodded.

The doctor's gaze shifted to the red folder above his desk and slowly opened the folder while saying, "I've read all your work reports while you're here. I'm glad you want to help. It feels like this clinic is much better because of you."

Hearing doctor Evan's praise, Taylor looked down to hide the blush forming on her cheeks. "N-No. I— I didn't do anything, really. This clinic is already good from the start." Doctor Evans chuckled and nodded.

"All right, I understand. You really don't like to be praised, do you, doctor Taylor?" Taylor looked up and smiled awkwardly.

"Your assignment letter will be completed on July twenty-four, which means it's three weeks from now. I'll never stop thanking you for your services during the past three months you've been here."

"I should be the one who's thankful. I can arrange my thesis calmly and the atmosphere here is very good. I like it. Thank you for the opportunity you gave me to be here, doctor Evans." Taylor looked down politely.

Doctor Evans closed the red folder containing Taylor's work report and folded his arms in front of his chest. "I know that Nashville is very different from New York. That's why I chose to open a clinic here."

Taylor smiled at the words of Doctor Evans. It is true. There's nothing wrong with opening a clinic in a place that is very much different from New York. Nashville is tranquil and has friendly residents, unlike New York.

"Ah, yes. Apart from work, I want to give you something, doctor Swift. Here." Doctor Evans handed Taylor something and Taylor accepted it.

Isn't this. . . an invitation? Taylor's heart was beating fast when she realized what doctor Evans had given her.

Before Taylor could open the contents of the invitation and read it, doctor Evans had said, and explained everything,

"You can still come, the date is exactly the day before you return to New York. You will definitely be good friends with Jenna. I have told her many things about you. You're like my own sister."

So does he really only think of me as his younger sister?

━━

Harry's treatment on his hand obviously didn't take too long. It wasn't a serious injury. And what Taylor said was true, it was only a sprain. And fortunately, it didn't required a variety of media equipment, Selena knew the traditional ways that could treat a sprain.

"Done." Selena said cheerfully and Harry, who actually endured pain, smiled happily. In fact, the pain disappeared a little after being injected with morphine. But Selena really made his hand worse when she started doing the traditional medicine. Although the effects of the pain are temporary. Now, Harry feels much better.