38

Chapter 38:
OTHER

"Are you just going to keep daydreaming there? Don't you want to join with the others inside?"

Harry Styles turned his head, finding Cara Delevingne walking towards him, before leaning on the balcony railing of the hotel where they were staying. In the lobby, the whole film crew of M Squared returned to party, celebrating the success of the film in Australia. In fact, it's only been three days of airing.

The young man smiled faintly before shaking his head slowly and refocused on staring straight ahead. Cara furrowed her brows which caused to form wrinkled lines on her forehead.

Lately, Harry's attitude has been very strange. Unlike the usual Harry. He looked very glum and did not look as cheerful as he would act normally. In fact, a few days ago, he looked overjoyed and cheerful.

"If you need a friend, just know that you have me." Cara continued to pay attention to the young man.

Cara could not falsely say that Harry is a handsome, funny, smart and wise young man. If Cara is bisexual or even straight, Cara wouldn't think twice of accepting Harry's date. Unfortunately, Cara has lost hope in any man. Since the first time her father tortured her mother right in front of her.

"Have you ever wondered or doubted that the path you chose as an actor or actress was wrong?"

The question came out of Harry's mouth, without even sparing a glance at Cara.

Cara looked around and look straight ahead before finally answering, "Sometimes. But not always, if you are always grateful for what you have now."

"I will most likely lose her."

Cara looked back at Harry who closed his eyes. Cara knows who Harry is referring to. Harry told her everything. About how his contract is currently torturing him, mentally and physically. Cara herself did not understand why Charles could be such a cruel man to Harry, but not to others.

"Are you guys. . . fighting?" Cara asked carefully.

Harry shook his head. "It's worse than that."

Cara raised an eyebrow. "I don't know. What do you mean?"

Harry sighed before turning to Cara and Cara was surprised to see the young man's watery eyes.

Harry closed his eyes as he said, "What did you do when Kendall met a new person who immediately gave her certainty and assurance in her life? A new person who is far better than you, perhaps from various aspects?"

Cara grimaced, not knowing what to answer. Cara knows where this conversation is going.

"Wait, so do you mean. . . ?"

Cara was not even able to continue the question she was about to ask when Harry looked up, seeing the sky only accompanied by the moon.

"I want to let her go, Cara. But my heart can't ."

━━

"Doctor Swift! Guess who's waiting in front of your room?!"

Taylor rolled her eyes at the hysterical question of Martha Hunt who walked quickly towards her. Taylor doesn't understand why someone like this can become a doctor. Her behavior is very childish.

Arriving Martha in front of Taylor, the girl smiled broadly and winked. "It's your soon to be husband. Zayn Fucking Malik."

Taylor sighed. "Do you have to shout like that? You're attracting attention of many people and the sound coming from your heels when you run is honestly very disturbing."

Martha pursed her lips at Taylor's words. Taylor chuckled in amusement at Martha's expression before asking, "Where's Selena?"

"On a date."

Taylor widened her eyes. "Woah. Really? She really went on a date?"

Martha nodded. "Yes and she often mocked me for this! You and Zayn, Selena and her mysterious date! Ah, why am I the only single doctor now?!"

Taylor chuckled amusedly. "What about doctor Payne? As far as I know, he's still single and you like him too, right?" Taylor teased, glancing at Martha.

Martha rolled her eyes. "He is the most insensitive man in the whole world, Taylor."

"Really? Why?"

Martha froze at the sudden sound coming from behind her and Taylor laughed loudly. Martha looked at Taylor accusingly and Taylor stopped laughing while waving.

"Gotta meet Zayn. See you later, doctor Hunt, doctor Payne."

Taylor winked at Liam Payne who was standing behind Martha with his arms folded in front of his chest. Taylor walked away from Liam and Martha.

"There must be a lot of things you want to tell me, right, doctor Hunt? How about we go and grab some Starbucks?"

Martha quickly turned around with a big smile on her lips and nodded her head. Doctor Payne chuckled and turned around, leading the way and Martha followed from behind with a radiant face.

Taylor put her hand into the pocket of her white coat and stopped when she actually found Zayn Malik who was sitting, waiting right in front of Taylor's office. Zayn noticed Taylor's presence and turned his head.

A smile appeared on the young man's lips before saying, "Good afternoon, doctor Swift."

Taylor smiled back and walked over, saying, "Good afternoon too, Zayn. It's very rare that you didn't tell me beforehand that you wanted to visit."

Taylor's hand reached into her coat pocket and pulled out the key to the room door. Taylor opened the door as she invited Zayn in and Zayn followerd.

"Just wanted to give you this," Zayn handed Taylor three small sheets of paper, making Taylor frown.

Taylor read the writing on the paper and turned to look at Zayn who was standing close to her. "Your concert ticket?"

Zayn nodded. "Yes. It's actually my first concert at Madison Square Garden. It's been planned since last year and it's only going to happen now."

"I'm definitely coming!" Taylor said excitedly.

Zayn nodded. "You must come, I'm sure of that. I believe in you. Don't forget to invite your friends."

"Of course!" Taylor said convincingly and Zayn smiled faintly.

Both went silent, they stared at each other's eyes and the deafening silence wasn't helping either, it was making the atmosphere awkward.

Taylor sighed and cut off eye contact with Zayn, saying, "Ah, yes. Please sit down."

"It can't stay long, actually. There's one more thing I want to say, Olivia's condition is getting better. She has returned to play in her playgroup. You know for yourself how active she is." Zayn told about Olivia.

Olivia. How many days has Taylor not seen that little girl? It seems like it's been almost a week since she was discharged from the hospital.

"It's okay. Just don't let her get too tired. The medicine has to be taken, according to the time and measure. The diet too. You have to really watch over her."

Zayn nodded in understanding. "I'll remember your reminders well. Like I said, I have to go. Can't talk for long."

Taylor nodded. "I understand. Be careful on the way and hope your work goes well."

Zayn smiled. "Thank you, Taylor. See you later."

Then, Zayn turned and walked away from Taylor's room. Leaving Taylor, who was slumping down on her office chair, looking at the three tickets in her hand.

Concert tickets to watch Zayn Malik. The Mind of Mine Concert.