42

Chapter 42:
DOUBT

Harry stared blankly at the contract. Jill, who had been waiting, started to grow impatient. Harry didn't even bothered to turn to the next page. He was really daydreaming about the contract.

"Are you going to sign the contract or are you going to keep quiet and look at it?"

Jill reached for the contract that was placed on the table and held it to her chest. Harry closed his eyes and sighed before turning to Jill.

"I won't sign the contract before reading it and I haven't read it."

Jill sighed. "But you're not even having the slightest intention to read it. I'm waiting for you, standing here watching you daydreaming and doing nothing."

Harry smiled thinly. "Jill, do you know when my contract with Charles ends?"

Jill raised an eyebrow. "Why are you asking that, eh?"

"Because I didn't got to read the contract when you urged me to sign it immediately. I don't want to do the same thing." Harry answered calmly.

Jill swallowed thickly and shook her head. "Al — okay. That's my fault. Please, I'm sorry."

Harry shook his head. "It's not your fault. I know Charles used you. He knew his company would fall drastically if he didn't use me and Cara as the main character, because our names were at the main topic on every social media platforms and gossip columns."

Jill went silent and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry. I promise you, this is the last time."

"I believe in you, Jill. From the very beginning to this moment, I really trust you." Harry stares closely at Jill's manager, whose eyes begin to water.

"I really don't understand why you prefer to do what he tells you when you work for me. I think it's very strange."

Jill closed her eyes. "Your contract with Charles ends next week. But most likely, some important events will still pair you with Cara."

Harry nodded. "Can I get my phone again after the contract is over?"

"Phone?"

Again, Harry smiled crookedly - cynically - and said, "My phone isn't gone or lost, you hid it."

Jill lowered her head and nodded. "Your cellphone is still safe with me. I took good care of it." Jill took a short break before continuing to say, "That blonde doctor sent you messages very often. But not lately, unfortunately."

"I love her."

Harry said firmly, making Jill stunned for a moment. "Are you kidding?"

Harry shook his head. "I would be lying if I said I only liked her. In the past year I have been thinking about a girl I haven't seen for a year. I skipped a lot of parties because she wasn't there and I made a promise to her. And I smile like a fool whenever I hear her name." Harry closed his eyes.

"Are you sure I just like her, and not love her?"

Manager Jill went silent.

"I made her wait for too long, without doing anything to be able to maintain it. Until someone came and gave everything she needed: happiness. Do you know how sorry and regretful I was for not telling her about my feelings and asking her to be a part of my life?"

Silence.

"I met her last night, for the first time since we parted at the airport, we faced each other. I didn't know what to say when she kept silent.
And if I didn't know the fact that she was with another man, I would've immediately rushed to hug her to make up for the past year that I hadn't been with her. "

━━

"Taylor!"

Taylor woke up from her long reverie when Selena tapped her shoulder hard enough while shouting her name, right in the doctor's ear. Taylor squinted at Selena and Selena rolled her eyes.

"Do you know how long you've been daydreaming? Almost five hours!"

It was Taylor's turn rolled her eyes before staring at the large circular clock that hung neatly above the hospital entrance. Then, the blonde hair girl squinted again at her best friend, Selena.

"It's only been five minutes."

Taylor leaned on the reception desk which was quite high, when the receptionist could only sigh and commented, "Five minutes? You've been standing here for almost half an hour here and I suspect that you didn't even blink earlier, doctor."

Taylor's gaze turned to the receptionist sarcastically. "You don't need to say anything, Berry. Don't join the situation!"

The receptionist mimics Taylor's face and Selena laughs loudly. Taylor was about to protest the her two co-workers when the hospital entrance opened and managed to distract the girl.

Zayn Malik stridingly approached Taylor and made several people stare at him. Zayn was always handsome and it was still a question why he was so happy to wear something always in black.

"Good morning," Zayn greeted with eyes fixed on Taylor.

"Mo—,"

"Good morning, Zayn."

Taylor closed her eyes, restraining her emotions. She didn't even got to finish responding to Zayn's greeting, which was clearly directed at her, but Selena and the receptionist, named Berry, instead responded to Zayn.

"Can we talk?" Zayn asked and Taylor nodded.

Taylor led the way to her room. Arriving in the room, Taylor closed the door and invited Zayn to sit down.

"Well, thank you for your visit yesterday. Olivia can't stop talking about you. She said, she was glad you came because she didn't have any other friends besides her nanny."

Taylor smiled and nodded her head. "I'm glad to be able to visit. I miss Olivia. Even though we just saw each other, I really really miss her."

Zayn smiled. "I know you can get close to Olivia quickly."

"Of course. Because she looks a bit like me, right?" Taylor's question made Zayn smile thinly and hold his breath.

"Let me see," Zayn raised an eyebrow and studied Taylor closely.

"Blonde hair and blue eyes. They're the same. You two really look alike, and maybe no one will be surprised if you can be the mother of Olivia." Zayn folded his arms in front of his chest and grinned.

Taylor was astonished to hear the sentence Zayn said. God damn it. Why do I even have to say that in the first place?

"So, do you already have an answer?" Zayn raised his brows again, asking.

"What answer?" Taylor cursed under her breath at the question that came out of her mouth. Damn Damn Damn.

Zayn nodded and chuckled. "Do you want me to repeat it?"

Taylor hurriedly shook her head and Zayn leaned his back on the back of the chair. The young man took a breath and slowly breathed out. "I really need your answer. It's just yes or no. I need clarity."

Taylor closed her eyes. "I don't know."

Zayn raised an eyebrow. "Why don't you know? I'm giving you time to think. If you still can't answer or you're still doubting your answer, fine. I'll wait for you."

Taylor shook her head. "I already have an answer and that's not what I'm doubting about."

"Then what are you doubting about? Tell me."

"You."

Taylor stared intently at Zayn's caramel eyes, that was piercing through her blue ones.