28

Chapter 28:
OLIVIA

"So can the surgery take place in three days?"

Zayn asked to make sure after hearing a long report from Taylor who sat opposite from him. Taylor nodded quickly and looked out of the window on where she sat.

"I need a lot of preparation, as well as my team. We will do our best and what you have to know, this is my first child operation."

Zayn sighed and nodded. "I already know. This will be your first child operation." She raised a brow raised when she found Zayn kept calm in the way he spoke.

"Aren't you afraid? This is my first child operation. It could be said, this will be an experiment. It could fail and it could succeed. It's not too late if you want to find a better doctor."

Zayn smiled thinly and shook his head before sipping his warm black coffee. Taylor could only stare at him in surprise. This man is really giving his daughter's life into Taylor's hands, who was clearly still new to this kind of situation. Is he crazy? Does he no longer want his daughter?

"Olivia's biological mother is a doctor." Zayn suddenly said, putting his coffee cup on the table and his eyes staring closely at Taylor.

A thin smile appeared on his lips. "You really look a lot like her." Taylor frowned

"You want to equate me with your wife?"

Zayn chuckled and shook his head. "She's not my wife. She's my best friend." Taylor kept silent. So is Zayn trying to tell her that Olivia is the result of the carelessness he had done? Zayn impregnated his own best friend?

"I took the name Olivia from her name. I hope Olivia can grow far like her mother, rather than having to be like me. My life isn't the most pleasant." Zayn stirs his black coffee with a small spoon.

Taylor looked at the handsome man before returning to say, "Where is she now? I don't understand what happened to you and her, but she has the right to know what happened to her daughter."

Again, a thin smile appeared on his lips. Zayn frowned at Taylor and answered very calmly, "She knows everything. I know she's watching us. And I bet, she couldn't stop cursing because she can't take care of my little Olivia."

Taylor folded her hands on the table. "If she finds out, she will be by her daughter's side until she recovers. Isn't she also a doctor? Why doesn't she treat Olivia? It will be much easier."

"If she can, she will do it. Unfortunately, she can't." Zayn said while closing his eyes for a moment, and opened it again as he continued to say, "She died, right when Olivia was born."

Zayn looked straight ahead, Taylor held her breath to hear the last sentence Zayn said. "Gosh. I'm sorry. I have no idea. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to—,"

Zayn shook his head. "It's fine, doctor Swift. No problem. Besides, it's been a long time and I've really moved on."

After that, Taylor didn't know what else to talk about. If only Zayn hadn't told her about Olivia, maybe Taylor would have asked more questions without feeling guilty because Zayn just reopened an old page which he had tried to forget as much as possible. Now Taylor feels very guilty. Minutes had passed and Zayn is still silent.

The atmosphere like this is the most torturous atmosphere. Taylor closed her eyes. Come to think of it, this is the first time Taylor went back to drink coffee with a man, precisely since one year ago. But the man who accompanied Taylor one year ago was a spontaneous man, who always had topics to talk about. Whatever it is, he never bore Taylor.

Have you really forgotten your promise, Harry?

The memory of Harry made Taylor rise to her feet which attracted Zayn's attention, who was initially focused on what was on his mind.

Taylor smiled thinly. "I have to go back to my apartment. I haven't been home in a few days. I'll check Olivia again, tomorrow morning."

Zayn paused before nodding his head. "Thank you, doctor. See you tomorrow." Taylor nodded and headed for the door to the outside of the cafe.

Arriving outside, the cold night wind directly pierced Taylor's skin. Taylor was only wearing a thin shirt which certainly was not enough to keep her body from being exposed to the chilly wind at twelve o'clock midnight.

With hurried steps, Taylor headed to the place where her SUV was parked. From inside the cafe, Zayn could only look and follow each of the doctor's footsteps with an emotionless face.

After making sure Taylor had driven the car away, the man lowered his head and sighed.

━━

Hey, are you still awake? It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I still can't sleep. I have to work tomorrow. I take full responsibility for the operation of the little girl. Don't you want to encourage me? Honestly, I'm afraid. What if I fail? The man put too much hope on me.

Taylor sent the message before turning on her lying position, facing the left side. Her blue eyes stared at the phone screen a while ago. Taylor still doesn't understand what she is doing right now. If she really thought about it, there have been hundreds of messages that she sent to someone who didn't even gave a single reply, he didn't even read her messages. But Taylor believes, the message has been sent, although it wasn't read yet.

"If I'd only knew this would happen, I wouldn't let you in too deep. I shouldn't have agreed to your date. I shouldn't have even treated you. I should. . . I shouldn't have known you." Taylor closed her eyes, her chest felt tight again when she remembered about Harry.

"You shouldn't have made a promise to me either. You know, I really trust you, I trusted someone who I barely even know. If it's going to be like this, I won't keep your promise and expect too much."

What happened next was, the blonde girl could not hold her tears and they rolled down her cheeks, for the umpteenth time.

━━

"What the fuck is this?!"

Harry Styles hit the table hard, breathing heavily. His hand squeezed the paper that Charles had just shown him. Some people who sat around them could only stay silent, bowing their heads.

Charles smiled faintly. "Harry, you have signed a contract, which means you already have a compelling legal force. You must do what is in the contract, including those in chapter nine." Article nine of the contract explains the post-film production, the promotion and it is very clear that all forms of promotion will be followed properly.

"But I don't agree with cheap promotions like this! What the heck?! Our film has also achieved great success! Is that not enough?!" Harry said loudly, again everyone was silent. Charles was the only one who dared to face Harry's anger.

"The success of the first film does not guarantee the success of the second film. You know, we will start shooting the sequel for M Squared. One way to keep the film successful is to keep making it the hottest news."

"That has nothing to do with me at all!"

"If you don't, you know for yourself what will happen. You have signed a contract. I have made a decision. The promotion we will use is a publicity stunt. That means, you and Cara are the most important thing to make it happen."

Harry would've punched Charles, if it wasn't for Jill who held the young man's arm while whispering very quietly, "Don't fight it, Harry. Just this time, obey. After this, I swear, I won't give you an offer to work with him. This is the last . Forgive me."

Harry could only heave a sigh and nod his head in defeat. Jill is like a big sister to Harry, and Harry had no choice but to obey.