35

Chapter 35:
LATE NIGHT CALL

"Come on! Sleep, Taylor. What time is it?!"

Taylor kept nagging at herself for being unable to stop her thoughts running around in her mind. The clock showed it was already two o'clock in the morning and she did everything to make herself fall asleep. She changed her sleeping position, she forced to close her eyes, and she even counted sheep to thousands, but none of them managed to get her to sleep, or to make her sleepy at least.

The girl changed her position, she stared straight ahead at the ceiling of her room. Taylor sighed and Zayn's words in the car kept crossing her mind.

"I've never seen Olivia get close to a woman before, like she can be close to you. What she always looks for when she wakes up is you, not me anymore. I began to think if she really needs your figure in her life."

Taylor shook her head. No, Olivia doesn't need me. Aren't I being mean to her? Does she like fierce women? Gosh, what is this?

Taylor shook her head again and Zayn's spoke up again.

" I know this is very sudden, but if you are willing. . . maybe we can start everything from scratch, I mean like, building a small family with you, me and Olivia. We really don't have to love each other, but what's wrong with learning for that? You're also not married, you don't even have a boyfriend."

Taylor twisted turned her body to the left, the girl bit her lower lip and closed her eyes. I'm not married, I don't even have a boyfriend. But that doesn't mean I don't have someone that I'm waiting for.

Slowly, Taylor opened her eyes and looked straight ahead. Her hand touched the small table beside the bed and grabbed her phone there. Taylor unlocked the screen and searched for a contact in her contact list.

Moodbooster.

Without thinking, Taylor dialed the number and put it on loudspeaker. Unfortunately, the number was out of reach and Taylor only realized one thing: He was still on the plane and might only be able to turn on his cellphone a dozen hours from now.

It seems like today, Taylor will stay awake and maybe fall asleep later in the day.

━━

The next morning, Taylor received a dispensation from the Hospital Chair directly for not treating a patient.

Taylor only overslept in her office room since the overnight operation lasted quite a long time, adding the fact that she barely got any sleep last night. Surely, Taylor would've been drowsy and sleepy, and that's why she took a rest in her office room. But then again, she suffered the consequence.

When Taylor just opened the door of the office after exiting the hospital chairman's room, a voice startled Taylor and made her eyes widen.

"Surprise!"

Taylor was more surprised when suddenly someone scrambled to hug her and if only Taylor wasn't alert enough, she probably would fall on the floor due to the sudden force.

It took several seconds for Taylor to recognize who was hugging her before pulling away and held her shoulders with a smile on her red lips.

"Selena!"

Taylor pulled Selena Gomez back into her warm arms and said, "Selena! Oh my gosh, you're here? Why didn't you called me at all that you were in New York?!"

This time, Selena pulled away from Taylor and smiled broadly. "I wanted to surprise you. After all, I asked doctor Martha and you've been very busy lately. I didn't want to bother you."