33

Chapter 33:
THE CALL

Taylor heaved a sighed of relief and immediately took off the mask she was wearing when Olivia's condition had stabilized. A smile appeared on the girl's red lips and she looked at her teammates who also seemed to smile in relief.

"That was. . . awesome."

"I honestly thought we would fail when her pulse weakened earlier."

"She survived."

Taylor leaned her back against the wall and catched her breath. Doctor Evelyn, who was her assistant, smiled before approaching Taylor, patting her colleague's back.

"Honestly, I was hesitant at first about this operation, given your history as a doctor. But seeing how hard you worked to make this surgery successful, my doubts disappeared for a long time. You did really well. No wonder the Chairman trusted you for this operation."

Doctor Evelyn's long words made Taylor smile and nod. "I can't do it without your help and the others. I'm very happy. I can't believe I really did it well. Didn't you see it from the start? My hands can't stop shaking."

Doctor Evelyn smiled. "You've worked very hard. You should see Zayn Malik and let him know your success. After that, you should call it a night. Let me handle the rest."

Taylor raised a brow. "Are you sure?"

Doctor Evelyn nodded. "Very. Get plenty of rest. I don't want to see you again with dark circles under your eyes. You must be lacking sleep because you are thinking about this operation."

Taylor smiled back before straightening up. Taylor bowed slightly and said, "Again, thank you for your help."

Then, Taylor turned to his team-mates and bowed again, saying, "Thank you all, for your help."

A smile appeared on the lips of Taylor's teammate. Taylor took a deep breath and let out a slow breath. "I will see Zayn now. Again and again, thank you guys for everything."

Doctor Evelyn's eyes followed where Taylor walked. Doctor Swift walked to the operating room door and opened it slowly. Taylor's eyes this time was fixed on Zayn, who in fact stood a few steps right in front of her.

The young man looked at her anxiously before saying quickly, "Is. . . Olivia all right?"

Taylor sighed and bowed her head, making Zayn's heart pound even more. The young man's hands clenched violently and trembled. His teeth clenched and he closed his eyes. However, Zayn's body calmed down when he felt someone hug him tightly. When Zayn opened his eyes, he found Taylor hugging him.

"I did it! We did it! Gosh, Zayn! We saved Olivia!" Taylor said with enthusiasm, very excitedly.

Ignoring the fact that many people are staring at them, with full of confusion. Taylor doesn't know how long she hugged Zayn and became the center of attention, but when Taylor realized that and wanted to distance herself from Zayn, the young man instead hugged her back. Very tight, tighter than Taylor's hug.

"Thank you so much, Taylor."

A smile appeared on Taylor's lips at Zayn's words. Moments later, Taylor withdrew from Zayn, saying, "Doctor Evelyn is in charge of the rest. If you need anything, you can ask her. She said I should call it a night."

Zayn smiled and nodded. "Of course. You really need to rest. I will contact you if Olivia wakes up."

"Of course. You must call me. In that case, I'll get going, Zayn."

Taylor walked past Zayn with a very happy face. Zayn turned his head, staring at Taylor's back, away with a thin smile on his lips before stepping into the operating room.