Chapter 4

The next day
Cato's POV
When I wake up, I get dressed, tell my parents bye, and walk to Clove's house. When I get there I knock on the door, and no one answers, so I knock on it again, still no answer, so I walk in and hear someone sobbing. I go to where I hear it, and I open the door, and see Clove on her bed sobbing.

"Clove are you ok," I ask walking over to her.

"Yea I am fine," she tells me with tears falling down her cheeks.

"Clove, no your not, what's wrong," I ask her, and pull her into a hug.

"Cato it's nothing that you need to worry about," she tells me.

"Clove hey, look at me, I can tell something is wrong, and I want to help you, but I can't unless I know what's wrong," I tell her.

"My mom was shot and killed yesterday, and my dad hasn't been the same," she tells me, breaking down.

"Clove, I am so sorry," I tell her not knowing what else to say.

"It's fine, it happened while I was training yesterday," she tells me.

"CLOVE WHERE ARE YOU!!!" I hear someone yell.

"Clove who is that," I ask her.

"My dad you have to hide, go into my closet, and I will tell you when he's gone," she tells me.

I go into her closet, and stay there.

"I AM IN MY ROOM, DAD!," she tells back.

"CLOVE GET IN HERE, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!!," he yells again. Does this guy ever stop yelling.

"Coming dad," Clove says and walks out looking scared. That's weird she never gets scared. I wait in here for a few more minutes until I hear screams, and cries. That's it I am not staying in here. I walk out, and into the living room, and see Clove's dad beating her. I stand there for a few seconds until I let my anger get the best of me, and I rip her dad off of her.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!!," I yell at him, and knock him out, and rush back over to Clove and see her frozen in fear.

"Clove hey shh, it's ok, it's ok," I tell her. She is terrified and scared.

"Clove he won't hurt you again," I tell her, and pull her closer to me, and she wraps her arms around me.

"Th-thanks for he-helping m-me," she sobs out.

"No need to thank me," I tell her.

"Why did you come here instead of to the training center," she asks me.

"Because I told you yesterday that I would walk with you to the training center, now do you want to go or stay," I ask her.

"It would be best if we go," she says and stands up, and we walk to the training center hand in hand.

When we get there Enobaria says, "WHERE HAVE YALL BEEN!!"

"Enobaria can we talk to privately please," Clove asks.

"Of course," she says and we walk to the office, and we sit down.

"So what's up," Enobaria asks.

"My mom died yesterday, and my dad hasn't been the same, he's been beating me," Clove tells her.

"Omg I am so sorry Clove, if you need to stay somewhere else you can stay with me if you want," she tells Clove.

"Thanks Enobaria," Clove says.

"No problem now the 2 of you need to get to training," Enobaria says.

We stand up and walk to the training area. When we get there Clove goes to the knives and I go to the swords.