Chapter 24

Cato's POV
Clove gets mad and goes into the woods, and I follow her.

"Clove wait," I say, but she continues and I follow her and catch up to her.

"Clove what's wrong with you," I ask her.

"Me, what's wrong me, Cato your just trusting everyone, for all we know he could be lying to us," she tells me.

"Clove, the worst that could happen would be that he doesn't make a walk way to the supplies," I tell her, and she rolls her eyes.

"Do you even here yourself right now, Cato, if he doesn't make a walk way then how are we going to get to the supplies," she asks me.

"Clove, Marvel is staying with him to make sure that doesn't happen," I tell her.

She rolls her eyes again, and sighs angrily, and takes out a knife and throws it at a tree.

"Clover come on we need to get back to the camp," I tell her, and she grabs her knife from the tree.

"Fine, whatever," she tells me and we walk back to camp in silence.

When we get back, Marvel is watching the boy like a hawk, and we walk up.

"Hey Marvel," Clove says.

"Hey guys," he says back.

"Has he tried anything," I ask Marvel.

"No not yet," Marvel tells us.

Clove walks over to him, and me and Marvel follow her.

"What's your name," she asks him.

"Thomas," he says back, and continues working.

When he is finished he shows us how to get to the supplies and we call it a day and Marvel keeps watch while the rest of us fall asleep. After a little bit he wakes me up and tells me it's my turn. He goes to sleep, and I stand up and start keeping watch. After a little bit Clove starts to wake up, and she walks over to me, and sits beside me.

"Hey babe, I am sorry about earlier, it's just hard for me to trust anyone," she tells me looking down.

"Clover, it's ok, I understand why you didn't trust him, but if he can prevent people from getting the supplies then you have a better chance of going home," I tell her.

"No Cato I am not going home without you, I need you and my life is nothing without you," she tells me.

"I am not going home, you are, I knew that when I was told we were going in together," I tell her wrapping my arm around her waist. I decide to show her my token I brought in now.

"Clove I have something to give you," I tell her, and she looks me in the eyes.

"What is it," she asks me. I pull a chain off from around my neck and on the end is a diamond ring.

"I bought this after we found out we were coming here, and I decided to give it to you in here so you'll remember how much I love you, when you go home," I tell her.

"Cato no what if we can both go home," she tells me.

"Then I'll propose to you properly, but we both know that's a long shot, just take the ring please," I tell her, and she takes it and puts it on her finger, and lays her head on my shoulder, and we stay like this till morning.