Chapter 31

Clove's POV
When me and Cato sit back down, Caesar continues with the interviews.

"So should we watch the rerun of the games," he asks and the crowd goes crazy, and the reruns start.

We watch the opening with me, Cato, Glimmer, and Marvel all getting our weapons from the cornucopia and killing. I look down feeling guilty and Cato wraps an arm around my shoulders and whispers in my ear.

"It's ok, Clover," he says, and I pull my head up and look him in the eyes and nod my head and we look back at the screen. The screen stops when Peeta walks up to us.

"Clove what were you thinking when you saw the boy from 12 walking up to y'all," Caesar asks me.

"Well at first I was wondering how he survived the bloodbath, and then decided to kill him then because he was just another tribute keeping me or Cato from coming back home," I tell him, and we turn back to the games and they continue.

When they stop again Caesar asks me another question.

"When you killed that girl, the female from 1 was upset can you tell us why you think she was upset," he asks me, and I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Well she was probably upset because I didn't let her take the kill, and because I didn't make the girl's death slow and painful like careers are supposed to do," I say.

"That's interesting," he says laughing like I said something funny but I didn't.

"Can we please continue with the games," Cato asks and we do, and we watch until Glimmer dies and it pauses again.

"What was going through each of y'all's minds when the girl from 1 died," he asks us.

"Well for me I was happy, because we didn't have to see that blond airhead ever again," I say smirking. I know that was a bit harsh but it's what I thought.

"And for you Cato," Caesar asks.

"Well, I was happy, because it meant getting closer for Clove or I to go home," he says looking at me smiling and I smile back.

We continue the games all the way to the feast, where I almost died. We see me tackling Katniss and teasing her about Rue, and then Thresh grabbing me and slamming into the cornucopia and me yelling Cato's name, and Cato running to me and stabbing Thresh in the back and they pause again.

"Cato, when you saw the boy from eleven about to kill Clove what were you thinking," he asks Cato.

"My mind was going crazy, because I knew Clove was scared of Thresh, so when I saw him about to kill her I instantly ran up to kill him, and I did, but when I saw Clove terrified that's when I knew that she was actually scared," he says.

"How sweet. Clove what were you thinking when Thresh was about to kill you," he asks me.

"Well I was terrified actually, and I couldn't do anything but when I saw Cato running at us sword raised and when he killed Thresh I was still shaken up about it, even though I knew he was gone, I was still scared," I tell him.

"Ok," Caesar says and we continue all the way to the final fight between me and Cato, and Katniss and Peeta.

We see the mutts and me realizing they are the dead tributes and I pauses.

"Clove what were you thinking when you realized the mutts were the dead tributes," Caesar asks.

"I was disgusted, by just how the gamemakers are with the games taking the dead tributes eyes and turning them into mutts that is not right at all," I say disgust clear in my voice, and we continue with the games all the way to the end.

"Well guys that was very intense game, and we hope to see y'all again soon for y'all's victory tour," Caesar says, and we stand up and Snow walks up to us with 2 crowns and places them on our heads and we walk off stage, and see Enobaria, Brutus, and Sapphire.

"Good job guys," Enobaria says, and we walk into the elevator and go up to our floor.

When we get there me and Cato go to bed, because we are very tired. We go to my room, and change out of our interview clothes and I change into a pair of red satin short shorts with a matching tank, and take my makeup off, and Cato changes into a pair of athletic shorts.

When we get into bed a instantly move over and wrap my legs around Cato's legs and he wraps his arms around my waist. I lay my head on his chest and he kisses the top of my head.

"Goodnight Clover," he whispers.

"Goodnight Cato, I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too, Clover," he says, and I fall asleep.