Chapter 14

Training scores
Cato's POV
Right now we are waiting for our training scores to come on. Me and Clove are on the couch, Enobaria and Brutus on the other couch, my stylist, which I still don't know the name of, and Clove's stylist, Sapphire, and our prep teams are all standing around us. When the scores come on Ceaser says a few things about the tributes then starts saying our scores.

"From District 1 Glimmer, with a score of 8," he says. That is the worst possible score for a career.

"From District 1 Marvel, with a score of 9," Ceaser says. That's not to bad.

"From District 2 Clove, with a score.." Clove sits up, "10," he says. That's great.

"Good job Clove," I tell her.

"Thanks," she says.

"From District 2 Cato, with a score of 10," he says. Me and Clove got the highest scores of the Careers, that's amazing. I tune out the rest because they don't get very high, until District 12. The boy got an 8, but it's the girl that surprises me, she got an 11!!

"WHAT!! HOW DID A GIRL FROM AN OUTLINE DISTRICT GET A BETTER SCORE THEN ME AND CATO!?," Clove screams.

"Clove that could be a mistake," I tell her. She rolls her eyes and storms out of here.

"Does she don't that every time she gets mad," Sapphire says laughing.

"Yes she does, wanna go deal with her, and quit possibly get killed," I tell her smirking and that shuts her up. I go to Clove's room, and hear screaming.

"Clove let me in," I tell her through her door, and she opens it, and I step in.

"Clove what in the world did you do in here," I ask her. She has knives in all the walls, and clothes thrown across the room.

"I got mad," she tells me going to sit on her bed. I sit with her.

"Clove, you and I both know who is the best tribute here," I say looking in her brown/green eyes.

"Who," she asks irritated.

"You," I say rolling my eyes playfully.

"Well if I am, then why did Girl on Fire get a better score then me," she asks.

"Maybe the Capital felt bad because they know she won't get passed the bloodbath," I tell her.

"I guess your right, I should probably clean this room up," she tells me.

"Don't worry about it the Avox's will clean up later," I tell her tackling her to the bed, and tickling her. She starts giggling, and trying to push me off of her.

"Cato...please... please... stop," she says in between laughs. After a while I stop and we both start laughing, and lay down on the bed, and she kisses me, and I make it a deeper kiss.