Chapter 23

Clove's POV
I wake up to something stinging me. I start screaming and the others get up as well, and we notice it's tracker jackers we grab our stuff and run away from the nest and to water. Non of us look back, we just keep running, I am hitting at my face trying to get the tacked jackets away. We make it to the lake and we all jump in to get away from the tracker jackers. When we get out we notice Glimmer isn't with us, and quickly realize she is gone, and we hear a canon go off. Marvel doesn't say anything just sits down looking really depressed. I walk over to him and sit beside him.

"You ok Marvel," I ask.

"Yea, it's just I know Glimmer wasn't the smartest person ever, but she was someone from home, and I should have went back to help her, like what Cato did for you during that fire yesterday," he says looking down.

"It's ok Marvel it's not your fault she died," I tell him.

"Clove's right, Marvel don't blame yourself for it," Cato says walking up to us.

A second later we hear a parachute falling and we look up and it lands in my lap. I open it inside there is a note and a container.
The note reads,

Clove, Cato this should help with the stings, but don't depend on it to much, apply very generously.
Stay alive,
Enobaria and Brutus.

I open the container and we all start applying it to our stings. When we are finished I look around.

"Hey, where did Peeta go," I say frustrated.

"He probably got killed," Cato says.

"But we only heard one cannon," Marvel says.

"Then he must of went back to help Katniss," I say getting madder every word.

"Come on," Cato roars.

We start running back the way we came, and sure enough there Peeta is telling Katniss to run.

"Oh he is so dead," I say taking off, but Cato grabs my arm.

"Clove hold on," Cato says restraining me. Once Katniss leaves Cato lets me go and we chase Peeta further into the woods. Cato tackles him and stabs his sword into his leg, not killing him just making it painful.

Once he is finished we run back to the  cornucopia, and when we get back we see the District 3 boy.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!" Cato yells.

The boy looks at us startled and I have an urge to throw a knife at him, but Cato holds me back.

"I know how to protect that pile of supplies for y'all," he says.

"How can we trust you," I yell back already grabbing a knife.

"Clove no," Cato says.

"What can you do," Marvel yells.

"I can reset the mines, so that anyone who goes near the supplies will blow up," he says.

"And what about us how will we get it," Cato asks.

"I will show y'all the right way to avoid the mines," he says.

"Fine but don't take to long," Cato says.

I manage to get out of Cato's grip and stomp off into the woods.