Chapter 41

Clove's POV
When Allison pushes me down, I hit my head on the sidewalk, and I get a bad headache, and blood starts coming out of my head. The last thing I hear is Cato talking to me before I pass out. When I wake back up, I am in a hospital room, it takes my eyes a little bit to adjust but when they do, I see Cato standing by the door and Enobaria and Brutus standing beside him talking.

"Guys she's awake," Enobaria says and they run over to me.

"How are you feeling," Cato asks me.

"Well my head is killing me," I say.

"You do have a slight concussion, but nothing to major," Brutus tells me.

"Clove do you remember what happened," Enobaria asks me.

"No, not really," I say.

"Ok, what can you remember," Enobaria asks.

"Umm, I can remember that I am a victor of the 74th Hunger Games, I am engaged, and I am pregnant," I tell her.

"That's good, do you remember who you are engaged to," Brutus asks.

"Cato," I say pointing at him.

"At least she can remember names," Cato says.

"One more question," Enobaria says and I look back at her.

"Do you remember what happened before your games," she asks me.

"Umm, my mom died, and my dad turned abusive, and I moved in with you," I say.

"Good ok so she remembers everything but what happened to her today," Brutus says.

A few minutes later, a nurse walks in and over to me, I don't know what she's doing but Enobaria, Cato, and Brutus seem ok with it, so I let her do whatever she needs to do.

"Hey Clove," the nurse says, something about her voice is familiar to me but I can't place it.

"Umm hello," I say.

"How are you feeling," she asks me.

"My head hurts but other then that I feel fine," I say.

"Good, you will be free to go home whenever you choose to," she says and walks out.

I decide to get up, so I take the I.V. out of my arm and stand up, but when I stand I become dizzy and start falling but Cato catches me.

"Woah Clove maybe wait a little bit," Cato tells me.

"No I wanna go home," I say stubbornly.

"Clove, Cato's right," Enobaria tells me. I roll my eyes and lay back on the bed crossing my arms over my chest.

"Always so stubborn," Cato says beside me, and I stick my tongue out at him, and he laughs along with Enobaria and Brutus. I decide to get up again, and I do and make it without getting dizzy. I walk to the door, and open it with the rest following me.

"Clove I thought you were going to stay in the bed for a little longer," Cato says.

"I feel fine, so I want to go home," I tell him.

"Ok," he says and picks me up, bridal style, and I roll my eyes.

"What are you doing," I ask him.

"Taking you home," he says.

"I can walk," I tell him.

"I know, but isn't this better," he asks.

"Whatever," I say and curl into him and fall asleep.