Chapter 9

Clove's POV
I wake up to someone banging on my door, telling me to get up.

"GET UP CLOVE, WE ARE HERE!!," Sapphire says. Sometimes I want to throw a knife in her head.

"I COMING!!," I yell back. I get up, and put my dress and shoes back on that I wore for the reaping. When I finish I walk out into the living area, and sit on the couch, because I am the only one up.

"SAPPHIRE WHY DID YOU ONLY WAKE ME UP!!," I yell at her.

"BECAUSE YOU CAN GET A HEAD START ON GETTING SPONSORS!!," she yells back.

"DON'T YOU THINK CATO COULD ALSO BE GETTING SPONSORS RIGHT NOW!!," I yell at her, I am furious right now.

"I could care less for him," she tells me, and I grab a knife I throw straight past her missing her on purpose.

"THAT IS MAHOGANY!!," she yells at me.

"I could care less about that," I say mocking her tone.

"Get that knife out of the wood," she orders me.

"Make me, and a little warning I don't go down without a fight, so if you want the knife out of the wood, get it yourself," I tell her, and Enobaria, Brutus, and Cato all walk in.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!?," Brutus yells.

"Ask Sapphire," I say walking away.

"Clove what did you do," Cato asks, but I can see him trying to hold back laughter.

"Nothing I was just working on my throwing," I say smirking.

"SHE WAS NOT SHE TRIED TO KILL ME!," Sapphire yells in her stupid Capital accent.

"That's what happens when your with kids who are about to go into a death arena and who have trained their whole life's, so if you don't like it, then don't escort us anymore," I tell her. She scoffs and walks out.

"Clove did you really try and kill her," Enobaria asks me.

"Maybe, she has gotten on my nerves, banging on my door, yelling, getting me up before everyone else's," I tell her. I go sit on the couch and Cato comes over to me.

"Clove, Cato we are about to be in Capital," Brutus tells us. Sapphire freaking lied to me, oh she is so dead.

"Ok," me and Cato say.

"And when we get there y'all will be handed to y'all's prep teams and then to y'all's stylist for the tribute parade," Enobaria tells us. Looking at me with a look telling me we need to talk.

"Ok anything else," I ask.

"Not for now," Brutus says.

"Clove I need to talk to you," Enobaria says.

"Ok," I say and we walk out and into my room.

"What is it," I ask.

"Clove you can't attack Sapphire, even though she is annoying, trust me I know, but Snow has cameras all in these trains, and if he catches you attacking either Cato, Me, Brutus, or even Sapphire he will do something, so please don't try that again," she tells me.

"Enobaria I promise I won't, and I know I've always wanted to be here, but now that I am I wish I wasn't," I tell her looking down at my hands.

"Clove you'll be ok, I promise," she tells me.

"And also I am very grateful you took me in after my mother died and my dad changed, and I have always thought of you as a second mother," I tell her.

"I would have taken you in any time you needed it, and I have always thought of you as a daughter, Clove, and you can talk to me about anything," she tells me, and I look up smiling, and pull her into a hug. After a while we decide we need to go back to the living area. When we get there Cato and Brutus are talking, and we go sit with them.

In the Capital
When we arrive at the Capital me and Cato are immediately taken to the remake center. When we get there me and Cato are separated and I am taken to room, and am told to lay on a metal table, and three people start undressing me and washing me, brushing my hair, waxing, and painting my nails. When that's finished I am taken to a white room, and am given a thin white robe and I put it on. After a little bit a woman walks in and introduces herself.

"Hi, my name is Bella and I will be your stylist." Bella tells me.

"Hi, I am Clove," I tell her.

"Ok so for the tribute parade we dress the tributes up in something that corresponds to their district, and since you're from District 2, which is masonry, me and your district partners stylist decided to make y'all Roman warriors," she tells me, and pulls out a black bag, and unzips it, and reveals a very deadly, and beautiful outfit.

"Do you like it," she asks.

"I love it," I tell her, and she helps me put it on, and does very simple makeup, and puts my hair into a high ponytail and puts on the worst part of this whole outfit the helmet, it is gold, and has wings on the sides of it. When she finishes I put on my shoes, which are golden warrior sandals but have a heel, when I look in the mirror, I don't see a girl that went through beatings, but I see a girl who is ready to fight, and bring honor to her district. When I am finished getting ready we go down to the ground floor, and walk to the chariots. When I see Cato, I run up to him, and hug him as tight as possible.

"You good, Clover," he asks laughing.

"Yea now that I am out of that stupid remake center," I tell him laughing.

"We should probably go meet the District 1 tributes," he says.

"Ok, and Cato do you not have to wear a stupid helmet," I say taking mine off and setting down by the chariot.

"Yea, but I am not wearing it right now," he says and we walk over to the District 1 chariot.

"Hey, Y'all from District 1?," Cato asks them.

"Yea, I am Marvel and this is Glimmer," the boy says.

"I am Cato and this is Clove," Cato tells them.

"I guess we're allies," Glimmer says, not taking her eyes off of Cato.

"I guess we are," I say, and I reach out to shake their hands, and Marvel shakes it, but Glimmer reluctantly does.

"So are y'all ready," Cato asks.

"I am," Marvel says.

"Me too," Glimmer says.

"ATTENTION TRIBUTES PLEASE TAKE YALLS PLACES," the announcer says.

"Well it was nice meeting y'all, see y'all tomorrow," Cato says and we walk off.

"I guess we need to put those helmets back on," I say.

"I guess we do Clover," he says.