Chapter 36

Cato's POV
After we have some fun, Clove falls asleep, and I take her to our bed, and lay her down, and I walk out keeping quiet so I don't wake her. I am so excited that I am going to be a father and even more excited that it's with Clove, I wouldn't have it any other way. I can tell she isn't as excited about it as I am, but I know I won't make her go through it alone, and she knows it, but I guess it still scares her. I can tell ever since her mother died and her father started abusing her, she hasn't been the same, and she has been even more cautious about everything. After a few minutes I hear screaming, and I run up to our room, and see Clove thrashing around and screaming. I run over to her and pull her into my arms, and try and soothe her.

"Clover wake up it's just a dream," I tell her over and over again. When she finally stops screaming and thrashing around she starts crying.

"Clove, hey what did you see," I ask her rubbing her back.

"I-I s-saw my m-mo-mother d-die ag-again and m-my d-dad ab-abusing m-me," she stutters.

"Clove it's ok your father's not going to hurt you again, I promise," I tell her still rubbing her back, and she cries into my shoulder.

"Shh, it's ok," I tell her.

When she finally stops crying, she loosens her grip on me, and wraps her legs around my waist and lays her head in the crook of my neck. I wrap my arms around her support her.

"You ok, now?" I ask her.

"Yea, but don't leave me please," she tells me.

"I will never leave you, baby," I tell her squeezing her tighter to me.

"Thank you for everything," she tells me.

"You don't need to thank me, I will always be here for you," I tell her, placing a kiss on her shoulder. I can feel her smile, and she pulls away from me and looks directly in my eyes.

"I love you, Cato," she tells me.

"I love you too, Clove," I tell her.

She pulls me into a kiss and I kiss her back with every ounce of love I have for her. When we pull apart she smiles, the beautiful smile I feel in love with, and lays her forehead against mine.

"I guess your feeling better now," I tell her smiling.

"Yea but only because you're here," she tells me.

"Are you hungry," I ask her.

"Now that you mention it, yea I kinda am," she tells me and I stand up putting her on her feet, and we walk downstairs and into the kitchen together.

"What do you want," I ask her.

"Pasta," she tells me.

"Ok," I say and start making it.