Chapter 27

Clove's POV
When we wake up, we decide to head to the cornucopia. When we get there we hide in the forest around it.

"Clove I will be right here, so just yell if you need help," Cato tells me.

"Ok, all that's left is Katniss, Peeta, Thresh, and FoxFace, right?" I ask him gulping when I say Thresh's name.

"Yes, and babe don't worry about Thresh he won't get you, I promise," Cato tells me.

"Stay here unless I need you, don't move please," I beg him.

"I am not moving until I hear you," he tells me pulling me into a kiss. When we pull away I start making my way to the cornucopia.

"I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too," he tells me back.

I get to the cornucopia and hide behind it, when I see FoxFace running and grabbing her bag and running off back into the forest. I look back and see Cato still where I left him, and he nods his head, and I look around the cornucopia and see Katniss getting her bag, and running towards me. I see her and throw a knife slicing her forehead, and she stumbles back and tries to shoot an arrow at me but misses. I tackle her to the ground, and we roll around for a little bit, before I pin her down, and I decide to tease her a little bit.
"Where's your boyfriend, District 12? Still hanging on," I ask.

"He's out there hunting Cato, PEETA!!!" She yells. I look around frantically and see Cato still in the forest where I left him, and realize she was lying.

"You're lying, he's nearly dead. Cato knows where he cut him. What's in the pretty little backpack, that medicine for lover boy, to bad he'll never get it. You probably have him strapped to a tree trying to keep his heart going."I tease her.

She starts moving trying to get out from under me, but I step on her hand and she lets out a painful scream, and tries to spit in my face, but I pull her hair knocking her head back down.

I reach into my jacket and pull out the most cruel looking blade I can find.

"I promised Cato that if he let me have you, I'd give the audience a good show," I tell her, and she starts struggling more.

Forget it, District 12. We're going to kill you. Just like we did your pathetic little ally... what was her name? The one who hopped around in trees? Rue? Well, first Rue, then you, then I think we'll just let nature take care of lover boy. How does that sound? Now, where to start?" I ask her smirking.

"How about your lips, you won't be needing those anymore, wanna blow lover boy one last kiss?" I ask her smirking, and she spits blood in my face, and I growl wiping it off.

"Ok let's get started," I say pulling my knife up and am about to stab her when a strong force pulls me off of her. Thresh. I realize with fear, he pulls me up by the collar of my shirt, and pushes me up against the cornucopia.

"YOU KILL HER!!" He yells, and I shake me head.

"No, No," I say frantically.

"I heard you," he says.

"CATO, CATO!!" I yell.

"CLOVE," I hear and see him a few inches from Thresh, and he gets to us, but Thresh bangs me up against the cornucopia with just enough force to give me a headache, and Cato stabs him in the back killing him instantly and the cannon goes off. I look for Katniss but don't see her.

"Clove baby, are you ok," Cato asks me.

"Yea my head just hurts, thank you for not moving," I tell him.

"I had to make sure you were safe," he tells me helping me stand.

I pull him into a kiss the second I am up, and he kisses me back with so much love that I feel bad when I pull away.

"I am sorry I didn't kill her," I tell him.

"Don't worry about it we will get her and lover boy, for now let's get our backpack and get back to our camp," he tells me, and we get our backpack and run back to our camp.