Chapter 11

Clove's POV
When we walk back into the kitchen, Enobaria and Brutus are sitting at the table, and talking. When they hear us they look up.

"Hey we needed to talk to y'all about training," Brutus tells us.

"That's why we came in here," I tell them, and me and Cato sit down.

"Ok so we saw y'all talking to the district 1 tributes, that's good, the four of y'all will be allies, and during training make sure to scare the other tributes, and make sure you show them that y'all are winners and careers," Enobaria says.

"Ok that should be easy," I tell them, and Sapphire walks in. She looks scared of me but more specifically Cato. What did Cato do?

"What is it Sapphire," Brutus asks, trying to sound calm, but you can tell he is annoyed.

"Just wanted to let y'all know that training starts tomorrow," she tells us, I roll my eyes.

"Yea we know, that's what we're talking about, idiot," I say, receiving a glare from Sapphire, but I continue, "You know if you would pay attention to what's going on around you, and not to just watching games, and watching innocent kids die, and to yourself maybe you would know that we have been talking about training," I say.

"Clove calm down," Cato says.

"No she needs to know that how they feel is wrong, and all this freaking started with a war, you know what, when I get out of that arena, you'll be on my kill list, actually you're on it right now, so watch your back," I say. She is looking really fearful right now, and it's hilarious.

"Clove, Snow is probably watching," Enobaria hisses at me. I just shrug.

"The worst he can do is kill me, but I am already going into the arena, so he can kill me, and only have 23 tributes, and would the Capital really be happy about that," I say.

"Clove they can do a lot worse than that," Brutus tells me.

"They can't get my parents, my mom is dead, and my father abused me, so what does it matter," I say.

"Clove calm down, you said winning the games was your whole life goal," Cato says.

"Well your here and there is no way that I can kill you, so I probably won't win," I tell him, they all look shocked and I walk out and into my room, and close the door, and lay on my bed, and start crying. I don't know why, maybe because either Cato or I will die in that arena, or both of us will. I then hear a knock on my door, and Cato comes in.

"Clove, your coming out and I won't kill you, I will kill myself if it comes down to that," he tells me

"That's the problem if you die and I win there will be nothing back home for me, and if I die and you win, you'll have your family," I tell him looking down at the floor, he lifts my chin up so I have to look at him.

"Clove I won't let you get hurt or die," he tells me and we kiss.