Chapter 5

Clove's POV
When Enobaria told me I could stay with her, I am really excited, because last night when my mom died, my dad turned into a totally different person.

"Hey Clove wanna do hand to hand combat," Cato asks me.

"Sure come on," I tell him, and we head to the combat station and get ready, Enobaria has been working with us, so she will tell us when to start.

"Remember don't go easy," I tell Cato.

"I know," he tells me, and Enobaria blows her whistle and we begin. I go to kick Cato, but he was expecting it, so he grabs my leg, but I pull it out of his grip.

"Come on Clove you can do better then that," Enobaria says to me.

Cato knocks me to the ground, but I flip us over and push my fist into his windpipe.

"Good job Clove," Enobaria says.

"Thanks," I say, and help Cato up, and I go and get a drink of water, and turn to go back, when I see a peacekeeper walking towards me.

"Clove Kentwell," he asks me.

"Yes that's me," I tell him.

"Your dad has been looking for you, and I have been ordered to take you back home," he tells me.

"What why, he knows I come to training everyday," I say.

"I don't know why, but I have been ordered to take you home," he tells me, and roughly grabs my arm, and pulls me out of the center.

"Let me go your hurting me," I yell.

"CLOVE HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME!!," I recognize the voice as my dads.

"YOU BEAT ME UP," I yell at him. He then punches me in the stomach, and slaps me on the face, and knocks me down, I fall face first.

"GET UP!!," he yells at me.

"I CAN'T!!" I yell at him with tears rolling down my cheeks. Just then 2 people come out of the center and over to us, one of them beats up my dad, and the other checks on me.

"Clove can you hear me," Enobaria asks.

"Yea," I say.

"CATO CALL THE PEACEKEEPERS!!," she yells.

"Already on it," Cato says.

"Enobaria please don't leave me," I beg.

"I am right here Clove, and so is Cato," she tells me. I start crying, and Enobaria helps me up, and peacekeepers come.

"What happened," one of them asks.

"This man just beat up his own daughter," Enobaria says. They pick up my dad, and they take him.

"Clove he will not hurt you again, and you will be staying with me ok?," she tells me, and I nod my head.

"Wanna go home," Cato asks.

"Yea," I say, and Cato and Enobaria help me walk. They take me to my old house to get my stuff. When I get it all we walk to Enobaria's house. When we get to her house, it's huge, because she lives in the Victors Village.

"Clove this can be your room," Enobaria shows me a room that has a huge bed, a vanity, and my own bathroom.

"Thanks for letting move in Enobaria," I tell her.

"No problem Clove, I will let you settle in," she tells me.

"Ok," I say, Cato helps me put my stuff up, when we finish we lay on my bed.

"Thanks for helping me,Cato," I tell him.

"You don't need to thank me, Clover, I just don't like seeing you in pain," he tells me. I lay my head on his shoulder, and he wraps his arms around me, and I guess I fall asleep because I don't remember anything.