Chapter 19

Clove's POV
When all the tributes have either ran away or died we make camp at the cornucopia, because we will have all the food and weapons surrounded, so if anyone tries to get the supplies we will kill them. Right now I am standing on the side of the cornucopia, leaning against it, and Cato walks over to me.

"Hey Clover we are going to hunt," he tells me and I grab my knives and before we leave, the district 12 male, Peeta I think his name was, walks up to us, and I run at him knife in hand, but he puts his hands up.

"Before you kill me, I can help y'all find Katniss, my district partner," he says and I look back at my allies.

"Wait Clove," Cato says walking up.

"So if we don't kill you, you'll help us find her," Cato asks.

"Yes, she will be tricky but trust me I know how she is, and what she does," Peeta says.

"And how do we know that your not luring us into a trap, and you and your district partner aren't teamed up," I say glaring at him, Cato puts a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Because she hates me, so she would definitely want to kill me," Peeta says.

"Ok we were just going to hunt, and you can lead us to her," Cato says and looks at me and I nod my head and we head out.

"Guys look over there," Marvel says pointing to a fire.

"Good eye Marvel," I say and we run over there. When we get there the district 8 female is sitting on a log facing the opposite direction of us.

"Well hello," I say teasingly, she jumps up and tries to run, but I instantly throw a knife hitting her in the leg, and she falls to the ground and I look at Cato, and he nods, so I walk over to her smirking, and I grab a knife.

"No please, please," she says begging pathetic.

"I am sorry, but I will make it quick," I say smirking, and I stab her directly through the heart.

"Why would you kill her instantly instead of causing her pain," Glimmer says in disgust.

"Because she didn't do anything to us that would make me want to give her a slow and painful death. Got a problem with it," I ask.

"Clove," Cato says shaking his head, and I roll my eyes, and we continue. Me and Cato in the front, Glimmer and Marvel behind us, and Peeta in the back.

"Hey 12, you sure she went this way," Cato asks.

"Yea that was her snare we saw back there," he says.

"I still think we shouldn't trust him, Cato," I whisper.

"Don't worry, Clover if he doesn't lead us to her, we will kill him," Cato whispers back.

"Let's head back to camp and get some rest and continue hunting tomorrow," Cato says, and we head back. When we get back to camp, we decide who will keep watch. It'll be Marvel, Glimmer, Cato, then me, Peeta won't get one because we don't trust him enough, I don't like the fact that I am last but I don't feel like arguing. We all get sleeping bags, and lay them out. Marvel takes the first watch so the rest of us go to sleep.

A few hours later
Cato shakes me awake.

"Clover it's your turn," he tells me.

"Ok," I say and stand up, and walk over to a log and sit on it. After a few minutes I start to hear something, or someone moving in the bushes. I stand up and grab a knife, and walk over to them. When I get there I see the district 9 boy and he looks a lot bigger then I thought he was. He runs at me and I throw my knife, and it barely scratches his arm, and I am in shock at how I barley got him, and he tackles me to the ground. He pins me down, and I can't move.

"I wasn't expecting killing a career to be this easy," he says. I glare at him.

"It's not," I say and yell out, but he puts his hand on my mouth drowning out the sound.

"You are pretty cute, it's a shame that only one of us gets to go home," he says smirking. I manage to yell out again, and before he can shut me up, a force pulls him off of me, Cato, and I get up and run to get my knife, and Cato has the boy in a headlock, and snaps his neck in a very painful looking way.

"Clover are you ok," he asks rushing over to me.

"Yea I am fine, I should have been able to get him off of me," I say very mad.

"Clove come on he is dead now, and it'll be ok, besides we still have Girl on Fire to kill," he says trying to cheer me up.

"Thanks for the help," I tell him.

"No problem," he says and we kiss for about 5 minutes, and we head back. When we get there Cato decides to stay up with me which I don't have any problem with. We sit down and I lay my head on his shoulder and he wraps an arm around my waist.

"I love you Clover," he says.

"I love you to Cato," I tell him.