Chapter 18

Day the games start
Cato's POV
Today is the start of the Hunger Games, right now me and Clove are laying in her bed, and waiting for Sapphire to come and get us.

"So are you ready, Clover" I ask Clove.

"I guess, but Cato if it comes down to me and you, don't kill yourself for me please," she tells me.

"Clove I made a promise to you to protect you," I tell her.

"I know but Cato please, if you die I won't have anyone besides Enobaria, but you actually have a family," she tells me turning to look me in the eye. I put my hand on her cheek, and she leans into it.

"Clove..." I don't finish because Sapphire interrupts me.

"TIME TO GET UP IT'S A BIG DAY FOR YALL!!," she yells. Me and Clove groan but get up.

"I'll see you in a little bit," I tell her giving her a kiss, and leaving to get ready.

"I love you Cato," she tells me.

"I love you too Clover," I tell her back. I go to me room, and see a maroon shirt, green cargo pants, and brown combat boots. I put the clothes on and brush my teeth for the last time possibly and head out and see Brutus, Enobaria, Sapphire, and Clove all waiting for me. Clove is in a similar outfit to mine.

"Before y'all go I want to wish y'all the best of luck," Sapphire says, and me and Clove both thank her, and head out with Brutus and Enobaria. When we get to the roof the hovercraft is there with some of the tributes already on it.

"Ok guys y'all are ready and y'all know how to win this, and we will try and get both of y'all out don't worry," Enobaria says smirking. I hug her and Clove hugs Brutus then Clove hugs Enobaria and I hug Brutus.

"Good luck guys," Brutus tells us, and we thank them and head to the hovercraft. When we get on it I sit between Marvel and the boy from 6, and Clove sits by, Girl on Fire, and the girl from 4. I look at her and give her a reassuring smile, and she does the same, and a lady comes and asks for my arm and gives me my tracker. Clove is a little more hesitant to it, but one smile from me and she does it. When they give Girl on Fire hers she asks so many questions about it, and I roll my eyes.

"Dude you ready," Marvel asks.

"As ready as I can be," I tell him, and we take off. When we get to the arena Marvel and Glimmer get off first then me and Clove, and we are ushered into our launch rooms. My stylist, I don't even know his name, hands me a maroon jacket and I put it on.

"20 seconds till launch," a voice says.

"Good luck Cato," my stylist tells me.

"Thanks," I tell him.

"10 seconds till launch," the same voice says, and I get in the tube and it closes around me, and I feel myself being lifted into the arena. I look around and see Girl on Fire to my left, and Marvel on my right, I give him a nod, and he does the same. I can't find Clove anywhere, and then I see her about 5 pedastools away, I can tell she is determined to get the knives that are right in front of her.

60,58,58,57,56,55,54,53,52,51,50

I get ready to run.

10,9,8,7,6,5

Let's go.

4,3,2,1

The gong sounds and I am off with the rest of the tributes. I see Clove get the knives and a vest. She starts throwing killing a ton of tributes, she then spots Katniss, and a boy fighting with her and Clove throws a knife hitting the boy in the back, and throws another one, and Katniss puts her bag up blocking it and takes off running. I run into the cornucopia and grab a sword, and start killing tribute after tribute.