Chapter 10

Cato's POV
When Clove and I get back to our chariot, I get on then I help Clove up, and we see Glimmer and Marvel go then we go, and Clove looses her balance and almost falls, but I catch her.

"You ok," I ask her.

"Yea I'm fine just lost my balance, thanks for catching me," she says.

"No problem," I tell her and leave my arm around her waist to support her and to help her keep her balance. We start waving at the crowd, and Clove's face is fierce, and I mimic her. The crowd starts cheering extremely loud, and me and Clove at each other then she looks back and growls. I look back and see District 12 is on fire.

"Clove calm down, they won't last long," I whisper to her and she relaxes slightly.

"Your right, but Cato they're taking our sponsors," she whispers to me.

"We still have training and you know 12 never gets a good score, so just chill out," I whisper back.

"Ok," she says.

We get to President Snows mansion, and listen to his usual speech, then we go back to the training center. When we get there Enobaria, Brutus, and Sapphire all day we did great, but I can tell Clove is mad, she keeps glaring at 12.

"Clove we'll get them in the arena," I tell her, but she doesn't stop glaring, and I see the girl look over here, and Clove gives her a death glare and she instantly looks away.

"Guys let's get y'all to the apartment so y'all can change," Brutus says.

"That'll probably be best," says Enobaria, and we walk away.

"Clove tomorrow we have training, and then we can scare them," I tell her. She rolls her eyes, something she always does when she gets mad. When we get to the apartments, we get floor 2, since we are from District 2. Clove immediately storms out of the elevator and to her room.

"What's up with her," Sapphire asks.

"She is mad because District 12 outshone us at the parade," I tell her.

"They were lovely weren't they, they will definitely get a ton of sponsors," she says.

"Are you serious, I am starting to understand why Clove attacked you on the train, you might want to watch your back from now on," I tell her smirking. The look on her face is priceless. I try and hold back laughter, and go to change. When I finish I go check on Clove.

"Clove are you in here," I ask knocking on her door.

"Yea, come in," she yells back. I walk in and see her on her bed, and I walk over to her.

"Clove, you know they never last past the bloodbath," I tell her.

"Yea, but things can change Cato and they will definitely be getting sponsors, you saw how the crowd cheered for them," she tells me.

"Clove you know it'll come down to the scores in training and then the interviews with Ceaser, and usually they get an extremely low score from the Gamemakers and don't do well during their interviews," I tell her.

I pull her into my arms, and rub her back. Right now she seems so vulnerable, not the warrior she was at the tribute parade.

"Clove we should probably go talk to Enobaria and Brutus about training," I tell her, and she nods her head and stands up, and we walk back into the kitchen.