Chapter 25

Clove's POV
I guess I fell asleep on Cato's shoulder, because when I wake up, it's daylight now.

"Hey sleepyhead you up," I hear Cato say beside me.

"Yea I am up, do smell smoke," I ask.

"Now that you said that I do smell smoke," he tells me.

I look out into the woods and see smoke going up into the sky, and me and Cato get up and get Marvel up and run the direction of the smoke.

"Marvel did you set up the snares," I ask Marvel.

"Yea why," he asks.

"Because maybe something got caught in them," I tell him and just then we hear screaming.

"HELP KATNISS," a delicate voice yells.

"Rue," I whisper to myself. Then we hear an explosion. We run back to the cornucopia and see that all of our supplies have been destroyed.

"WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED," Cato roars and Thomas jumps, and Cato doesn't even give him a chance to explain before he snaps his neck.

"HELP KATNISS," we hear again.

"I am going to check my snare," Marvel says and runs off.

"Great all our supplies are destroyed, see Cato this is what I meant," I say irritated.

Cato doesn't even acknowledge me, and starts stabbing Thomas's body repeatedly.

"Cato stop he's dead," I say trying to pull him off the body, with no success, just then we hear a cannon followed by another cannon. That's when Cato stops stabbing at the body.

"Do you think one of those was Marvel's," I ask.

"Could be, we will just have to wait till they show the fallen tributes," Cato says to me.

"Yea your right," I tell him and play with the ring on my finger.

"Hey what's wrong," he asks me.

"You know what it is," I tell him not meeting his eyes.

"Clover yea I guess I do, and how many times do I have to say this, you're going home," he tells me.

"But Cato.." I don't finish because he cuts me off.

"Clove no your going home," he tells me.

Just then the fallen plays and sure enough Marvel is dead, and Rue. I am guessing that Marvel killed her but who killed him.

"ATTENTION FINAL TRIBUTES THERE HAS BEEN A SLIGHT RULE CHANGE.... TWO VICTORS CAN BE CROWNED IF BOTH ORIGINATE FROM THE SAME DISTRICT!!! This will be the only announcement," Claudius Templesmith's voice says.

I turn to Cato with a huge smile on my face.

"Cato we can both go home," I say jumping into his arms.