Chapter 40

Cato's POV
I wake up and hear Clove throwing up, so I get up and go into the bathroom, and pull her hair gently back, and rub her back like I always do. When she is done, she flushes the toilet, and brushes her teeth, and leans up against the wall. I crouch down in front of her.

"Clover are you ok," I ask even though I already know what's wrong.

"I know if I say yes you'll figure it out, so no I'm not ok, I'm mad and sad, Cato. The Capital is going to possibly destroy everything me and you have worked for," she tells me putting her head in her hands.

"Clover, nothing will ever make me not want to be with you, I love you and only you and it'll never change, I don't care about the Capital, Clove, I will never ever leave you for someone else," I tell her, lifting her head to look at me, and I see that she is crying.

"Clove shh, like I already said, I will never ever leave you," I tell her pulling her into a hug and I rub her back soothingly. I feel her shaking, and feel my shoulder get wet, but I don't care, I just continue to comfort her.

"C-Cato p-please d-don't ever l-leave m-me," she stutters, still crying.

"I won't, Clove, trust me I hate the Capital just as much as you, and I hate Snow, just as much if not more than you," I tell her.

"Don't think that's possible," she mumbles, and I laugh.

"Seriously Clove, nothing Snow can make us do will ever make me not love you like I do right now," I tell her wiping her tears from her cheeks with my thumb.

"I love you, Cato," she tells me.

"I love you too, Clover," I tell her.

I help her stand up, and we decide to go on a walk, so we throw on some clothes and Clove pulls her hair up. When we are finished we head out the door. We walk out of the Victors Village, and into the square. Clove wraps her arms around my waist and I wrap my arm around her shoulders.

A few minutes later
While we are walking I notice the girls giving Clove, what looks like, death glares. Me and Clove haven't been asked to help train the potential tributes, so we haven't been to the training center since before the games. Clove tightens her grip on me, and I see one of the girls that would hit on me every day at the training center walking up to us. Her name is Allison, and she is the biggest slut at the training center.

"Hey Cato wanna hang out sometime," she asks like Clove isn't around.

"Sorry Allison but no," I tell her.

"Why not," she asks completely ignoring Clove.

"My fiancé and I are spending time together, and I don't want to see you," I tell her, and she looks at Clove with a disgusted look on her face, and Allison pushes Clove out of my arms and Clove falls hitting her head against the sidewalk.

"CLOVE!!" I yell.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU," I yell at Allison, and a few peacekeepers come over and drag Allison away, and rush over to Clove's side.

"Clove, can you hear me," I ask frantically, she holds her head in her hands and I see blood on the back of her head. I instantly pick her up and take her to the hospital.

When we get there, we are immediately put into a room, and I lay Clove on the bed, and a nurse instantly starts checking Clove's head.