Chapter 30

Cato's POV
When we get back to the Capital me and Clove are immediately separated and taken to the remake center, I guess to get ready for our interviews with Caesar Flickerman, the reruns of the games, and crowning ceremony. When I get to my prep team they they start getting me ready. They put me in a suit similar to the one I wore for the interviews before the games, except this one has a red tie with it.

Time for the interviews
When I get to the stage I see Clove in a beautiful red, sleeveless, ballgown dress. When she sees me she immediately runs to me, and jumps into my arms and we kiss until we have to go on stage. When we hear Caesar call our names we make our way to the stage, and sit in the seats beside each other. When we sit down Caesar starts talking.

"So how does it feel to be a victor," he asks and I look at Clove and can tell she doesn't feel like answering, so I do.

"It feels great Caesar, me and Clove are both excited that we were able to bring pride to our district and win together," I tell him, and look at Clove smiling, and she smiles back, gripping my hand.

"Speaking of winning together, what when through each of your heads when y'all heard the announcement for allowing two victors," he asks us.

"I was really excited that me and Cato could both go home, and not just bring pride to our district, but also be together," Clove says.

"And for you Cato," Caesar says looking at me.

"For me too, I was really excited to win but win with Clove, and possibly start a family together," I tell him.

"Speaking of starting a family, Cato do you have something to ask Clove," he tells me, and I stand up, grab Clove's left hand, and get on one knee.

"Clove Isabelle Kentwell, I know I already gave you the ring, but I told you that if we both made it out of that arena that I would propose to you properly, and we did make it out, so will you marry me," I say staring into her eyes. She puts her right hand over her mouth, and nods her head with tears coming from eyes.

"Yes, Yes I'll marry you," she says and I stand up and kiss her with as much love as I have for her which is so much more then I can count.