Detectives on my doorstep.

Isabella's POV

It's been two days since the club suprise. And by that ofcourse I meant something happened.

Well all of us thought Travis was gonna propose to Keyshia, but he didn't. Turned out that he actually asked her to be his girlfriend. Cute right?.

Yep.

"So I was thinking about something.." Ernest started off.

"And what is that?"

"Since we had a weary hell of a fuck dayat the office,how about we cuddle on the couch and just watch a movie?"

"I'd love that." I smiled.

"We can maybe...you know.." he smirked

"No I don't know. I just wanna be in your arms that's all." I smiled again.

"Right where you belong, my princess." He said gently pulling me closer to him.

"I love the sound of that." I whispered and winked.

"So do I." He kissed my forehead.

• • •

After the ended,I made my way to get an energy drink in the kitchen.As I opened the fridge,a presence from behind made me startled.I looked back over my shoulder and saw Ernest. I gave him a small smile and he returned it,hugging me from behind.I relaxed into his touch and closed my eyes.He planted a kiss on the base of my neck causing me to slowly bite my lip.

"I want you." He whispered.

"So do I."

"But you look way tired to handle what I'm planning on doing to you.Wanna go sleep?"

"Boring ....let's go watch another movie." I suggested.

"Alright princess. "

With that,Ernest scooped me up into his arms,causing me to yelp a little,and he started  walking back to the living room. He walked up to the couch and laid me down gently. He took a moment observing me then leaned down,smashing his lips on mine. I traveled my arms around his neck and pulled him a bit down. Ernest pulled away and stood to his full height looking down at me with a smile.I just looked up at him with a huge smile on my face.

"You're so beautiful,Isabella." He whispered softly

"You're so handsome,Ernest." I said back.

He lifted my legs up and sat down beside me,placing them on his lap.We both smiled and turned to the big screen that was  in front of us.

Although,everything seemed to work out perfectly well for the both of us,I still had many unanswered questions for him.

"Hubby?" I whispered looking at him.

He turned to look at me." Yes,princess. "

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure,shoot."

"Who really caused my accident?"

"You mean the person behind the whole thing?"

"Yeah..everything relating."

"Well..." he sighed. "When you were still,you know...precarious.I made some few calls all over,I hired the best investigators to help find that son of a bitch,that bastard who almost killed you." His voice became angry.

"Soooo....." I trailed off,wanting him to continue.

"They got him.He's behind bars." He said looking straight into my eyes.

"Wha-what?" My voice trembled.

"Yeah." He muttered still looking at me.

I removed my legs from his lap and stood up.I started pacing up and down in front of him,one hand on my forehead and the other on my left hip.

"I thought you would be happy princess." Ernest said standing up.

"I-i,I am." I said as I came to a stop and looked at him.

"Then why you not so happy?? He asked cupping my face with his big hands.

"Just that...." I started but closed my mouth as soon as a tear escaped my eye.

"Hey,hey..why you crying princess??." His voice was soft yet full of concern.

I looked  away not wanting him to see me crying.

"Look at me." He said but I didn't.

"Look at me Isabella!!" His voice went a bit high.

slowly turning,I met his handsome face.

"Why are you crying?" He lowered his voice.

Why was I crying?.Well the thought of knowing that my accident was actually not just an accident but an attempted one,made me scared.After hearing Ernest saying the person who did all that to me is behind bars frightened me even more. I couldn't be happy. I mean why the fuck would I be happy knowing that,if God didn't protect me with his grace I could've been twelve feet under,cold!!.

"You said is a he right?" I asked and he nodded.

"Who...." I paused and gulped before pushing aside the fear and gathering all the courage to ask.

"Who is he?" I finally asked.

He removed his hands from my face and slowly ran his hands through his hair. He seemed to find it very cumbersome to say.

"Ernest tell me."

He just looked at me and said nothing. The silence was me crazyyy!!

"Tell me!!!" I yelled throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

"Okayyyy,okay fine!!" He yelled back and sat down on the couch.

"So?" I asked as I sat beside him.

He gave me one look and buried his head in his hands,then ruffled his hair before taking in then out a huge sigh.

"Promise you won't get mad or shit like that."

I looked at him and placed my hand on his thigh.

"I promise." I gave him a weak smile."I just feel like it's time for me to know who was behind my-"

*Ding dong.* Ding dong.*

Someone ringing the door bell interrupted me.I looked at Ernest with a questioning look and he shrugged a "I dont know too." Look.

"Expecting someone?" I asked

"No." He shook his head.

"You?" He asked back.

"No." I quickly said but thought for a moment. "Or maybe its Keyshia." I said agnostically.

"What does she want this time of a night?" Ernest asked as we made our way to get the door.

"She said something about a sleepover or something." I said.

"Ohh." Was all he said before we reached the door.

"Heyyy... Key-" I flew the door open.

I was expecting to see a short pretty bestfriend of mine but instead it was...

"Good evening,Mr Smith and Mrs Knowles. I'm Detective Hailey Stein and this is my partner, detective Tom Bradman."