2

That night, Tharn sat at his desk, staring at the blank, white screen on his laptop. He figured that this was going to be one of those things that would be better if finished as quick as possible. 

Eve had gotten his phone number, from the filed he had filled out for the club, and sent him a message. 

Eve: Hey! It's Eve. I just wanted to let you know that I sent you an email that contains the things to put on the flyer. 

Tharn: K

He opened the email and read through the list of things, but still had no idea how to make a flyer. Hence why he was staring at a blank screen. 

The clock on his bedside table read 12:54. It was definitely not his bedtime, or even close, but it felt like a good enough excuse to forget about the flyer and close his laptop. So, that's what he did. 

Type was laying back on Techno's bed, staring up at the ceiling, while Techno was in the bathroom, finishing up his shower. 

He was staying the night with Techno because he didn't want to go back to an empty condo. It got a bit lonely after a while. Techno often stayed the night, or it was the other way around. 

Techno finished his shower rather quickly. Type declined the shower after and just changed into his pajamas. He was feeling more tired than usual, he assumed it was just because of the practice, but he thought it might be due to the stress.

Either way, as soon as the covers were pulled up, and wrapped snugly around him, he felt himself drift to his dream state.

----------

The next morning, Type was the first one to wake up. Techno had set an alarm he wouldn't even wake up to, but Type did. He quickly showered before changing into his school uniform. 

When he exited the bathroom, Techno was sitting up in his bed, rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes. "What time do your classes start?" 

"Not for another three hours, but I have a few things to do this morning. I'm having breakfast with a friend. Then, I have to go to the club to develop some of the photos I've taken recently." Type explained. "Will you actually be able to get out the door on time if I leave first?"

Techno rolled his eyes. "I don't depend on you for everything, you know." 

"Sure." Type snorted. He grabbed his bag and camera. He swung his jacket over his shoulders and shoved his phone and wallet into his pockets. "Okay. I'm leaving. The next bus leaves in 30 minutes." 

He waved a simple goodbye as he rushed out of the dorm. 

He arrived at the cafe, he and his friend agreed on beforehand, in less than 15 minutes. He let out a sigh before putting the car in park and shutting it off, trying to remember why he even agreed to this breakfast.

He entered the cafe, searching around. When his eyes landed on Sam, the friend he was supposed to meet, he made his way over to the table.

Sam smiled up at Type as he reached the table, taking his seat in a chair across from him. "I went ahead and already ordered your favorite. I hope that's okay."

Type returned the smile and nodded. "Thank you." He placed his bag on the floor next to his chair and shrugged his jacket off, placing it on top of his bag. "What did you want to meet me for?"

"Well," Sam sat up more, trying to look more poised and professional. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm going be going away for a week here soon, so I haven't scheduled any shoots. That means you are free to use the studio whenever you want." 

Type chuckled softly. "And we had to have breakfast together for you to tell me that?"

Sam let out a chuckle as well. "I also wanted to give you the keys since you're going to be the only one there and I won't have time to make another set."

"You could have brought them to me at school." 

"Okay." Sam shrugged. "So, maybe I wanted to see you and catch up. We haven't talked much recently. You only ever come over to use the studio. I feel used." He placed his hand over his heart, pretending as if he had been mortally wounded.

Type laughed and shook his head. "You let me use you, so that's on you. I told you I would pay for studio time."

"I know, but it feels nice for you to come and ask me each time. You're cute when you beg." Sam smirked and rested his head in his hands. 

Type cleared his throat. "Sam." His tone was more of a warning. He looked up at Sam through his eyelashes. 

"Come on, Type. I don't really see why you have to act cold toward me. I mean, after all we've been through." Sam sat but on his chair and let out a sigh. "You are the one who said you couldn't live without me."

Type rolled his eyes. "I just remembered I've got something to do at the club." He stood up from his chair and grabbed his things. He pulled some money from his pocket and threw it onto the table.

Sam stood up as well, grabbing Type's hand before he could walk away. "Look, will you stop running?" He pulled the keys from his pocket and placed them into Type's hand. "Here are the keys to the studio, and the keys to my apartment above. That one you can keep. You used to always love coming over when you felt lonely."

Type didn't say anything and pulled his hand from Sam's grasp.

He left the cafe with a huff, shoving the door as he did. He knew he shouldn't have come, no matter what Sam tried to say to convince him.

He got back into his car and immediately headed to the campus. 

He gripped the steering wheel tightly, hating how angry he was now. He threw the keys into the passenger seat and let out another sigh.

Why was he stupid enough to continue to let himself be caught up in things with Sam, even after they had broken up.

He arrived at the campus, still feeling a small bit of anger boiling down deep inside him. He knew that as soon as he got into the comfort of the darkroom, he'd feel much better.

He swung his jacket over his shoulder and made his way to the photography club room. Classes had already started, so he could here some of the teachers teaching loudly.

A group of laughing freshman caught his attention. He turned his head for a second before he was roughly pushed back. 

His jacket fell from his shoulder and to the ground. He stumbled back and looked angrily at the person who had so rudely not watched where he was going.

He heard no apologies as the man only glanced at him and continued walking. 

He let out an scoff and snatched his jacket off of the floor, and continued heading to the club. 

He could already tell that today was not going to be his day.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?