48

"I'm glad you're feeling better, Mom." Type said, smiling wide at Tharn's mother. "Sorry I've kept your son away all day."

She waved her hand in his direction and returned his gentle smile. "It's quite alright."

Thorn, Thanya, and their mother were sitting on the couch. San had taken a seat in one of the two chair on either side of the couch, while Type sat on Tharn's lap in the other.

Tharn had his arms wrapped around his waist and Type rested his ontop of Tharn's, keeping them in place.

San didn't remove his eyes from the young couple.

"Speaking of," Tharn spoke up. "I'm going to be staying at Type's for the next few days, after tonight. I will always be a call away and if you ever need me to come home, or anything, I will." He told his mother.

"Tharn, you're not my only kid. I have two other perfectly capable ones to help." She wrapped her arm around Thanya's shoulder and squeezed lightly.

"Okay. Still, please be careful."

"You should be telling that to your father." She chuckled softly.

"Thorn told me about the car accident. I would have run over here, but I had some work to do with the band. I'll be here for the next few days, though, and I'm more than willing to help." San leaned forward and rested his hand on Tharn's mother's.

She froze slightly but smiled softly, trying to show her fake appreciation. "Thank you."

"Why don't Tharn and I make dinner tonight?" Type suggested.

Tharn's mother gained her honet smile back and turned to her son's boyfriend. "You're a guest. I can't possibly let you do that."

"But Tharn isn't a guest. And I am more than happy to instruct him on how to make a delicious dinner."

"Two of my favorite words."

The group looked up st the stairs to see Tharn's father walking down slowly.

Their mother jumped up to help him down the rest of the way, scolding him for doing it all on his own.

"Nice to see you again Type." He smiled softly at him. "San." He nodded his head to him once before taking a seat on the couch as well. "So, what was this I was hearing about dinner?"

Thanya rolled her eyes. "What is it with the guys in this family and eating?" She questioned.

Her mother laughed and shook her head. "I'm not sure, dear."

Tharn glanced up at Type, who glanced down at him as well. They both knew what the other was thinking.

"So," Sam turned toward the couple in the chair across from him. "How did the two of you meet?" He questioned, not even ashamed that that's all he wanted to know about.

"Well," Type spoke first. "We both attend the same college. We have different majors, but he is in the music club and I'm in the photography club. There was this show that they were putting on and they needed promotional picture, so they enlisted the help of my club. Since I am one of the best in the club, I shot them. It's kind of history after that. It wasn't something that was instant, though. In fact, I thought he was kind of an ass at first."

Tharn rolled his eyes at his boyfriends words. "Me? An asshole? Never."

San chuckled softly and sat back in his seat. "That's cute. I remember when Tharn was younger he would always shut himself up in his room to be with his music. I'm surprised he's put it down long enough to connect with someone outside of his family." 

Tharn nodded. "Yeah, well, I've been taking a short break from music. I mean, I'm not done with it, but I haven't been playing much." 

"When we first met," Type chuckled. "He barely looked up from his book at the studio. He didn't even acknowledge the fact that the world existed really." 

"So, you haven't been playing since you two met?" San pried. 

Tharn shook his head. "Not really. I mean, I have, but I also spend a lot of time with Type, so I focus on my relationship as well." 

"You should play us something tonight after dinner." Type suggested, feeling a bit excited. "I like seeing you play."

"Okay." Tharn sent him a loving smile and nodded.

San narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms at the lovey-dovey couple in front of him.

He had known Tharn since they were kids. Music had been Tharn's whole life since he discovered it. There was barely a time he didn't have an instrument with him or music notes in his hand.

He was more than a little surprised to see Tharn throw it aside to be with some boy he hadn't know that long.

"Well, why don't we get started on dinner?" Type stood up and help his hand out for Tharn to take as he stood.

Tharn stood from the chair and let himself be pulled into the kitchen. He couldn't refuse Type.

----------

"Make sure it's coated in flour. It'll stick to your hands if it isn't. But don't put to much or it'll become dry."

Tharn looked over his shoulder at his boyfriend and narrowed his eyes. "Where did you learn to cook?"

"My mom. She's the head chef at the resort." Type told him.

"You continue to surprise me."

Type rested his chin on Tharn's shoulder and placed a small kiss on his neck. "I hope that's a good thing."

Tharn smiled and pushed Type's face back with his flour-covered hand. "I love surprises."

Type scoffed and shook his head. He grabbed a small handful of flour from off of the counter and flicked it at Tharn's face. "Surprise."

Tharn turned quickly and grabbed Type by the waist. "You're in for it now."

Type laughed loudly and tried to pull away. "You started it."

He dodged the kisses Tharn tried planting on his cheeks and neck.

Tharn held onto his waist tightly and turned them, pushing him against the counter instead.

They calmed down, stopping their actions slowly and going quiet.

Type chuckled softly and wiped the flour from his boyfriend's face. "There. Handsome again."

Tharn did the same. "There. Still handsome."

He leaned forward and pressed his lips to Type's. This time, Type didnt dodge and welcomed his soft lips.

Tharn let out a small sigh as they connected. He felt all negative emotions wash away in a split second.

"Boys."

They pulled apart quickly, turning to look at Tharn's mother, who stood in the doorway.

"Dinner?"

Type nodded and moved around Tharn, going back to his job. "Right."

Tharn laughed and went back to what he was doing as well. They would have plenty of time to do that while Tharn stayed at Type's.

"I'll get Thanya to set the table."

His mom left the kitchen with a small smile dancing on her lips. It had been a long time since she had seen her son truly happy.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?