7

A day had gone by since the last day of the photo shoots, and Tharn and Type's bonding session, but neither of the two young men had spoken to each other. 

Type was to busy finishing up everything with the photos and Tharn was to busy with practice. Neither of them really had time to check their phones for messages, or even send them for that matter. 

Tharn was sitting in the music room, reading through his book of music notes and strumming on his guitar when Eve entered, carrying her guitar case on her back. 

"Surprised to see you here?" She said, sitting down two seats away from him. 

"Why?" He asked with a small chuckle. 

She shrugged and tilted her head to each side a few times before answering. "Well, I just assumed you'd be hanging out with Type. You guys seemed so close after just two days. I mean, just yesterday, at the studio, I saw you close your book for a full two minutes and watch him take photos." 

"Okay? That doesn't mean anything. I was just watching to figure out what kind of photographer he is. My mom asked, that's why."

"This is the face of someone who totally believes you." Eve said, nodding. She began tuning her guitar as she continued to speak. "You know, you can tell me anything."

"We don't even know each other." Tharn looked at her with a blank expression. 

She gave him a shrug. "Maybe that's better."

"How?"

"I don't know. Just go along with it. I just want to know if you like Type."

Tharn chuckled and shook his head. "Why would you think that?"

Eve shrugged. "I don't know. You just seem to get a long with him."

"And that means I like him?"

"Not necessarily. But I have seen you put away your music notes to look at him, and I'm not letting that go. I've known you since we started this club. I've seen you every meeting. Those music notes are your life. I barely ever saw your eyes because you always looked at them. If you put then up to look at Type, that has to mean something."

Tharn sighed and stood up, placing his guitar in the chair next to his. "I wasn't looking at him. I was assessing what kind if photographer he is, like I said before."

Eve rolled her eyes. "Same thing."

"No. It's not. Now, I'm going to the vending machine to get a drink. Do you want me to bring you something back?"

Eve scrunched up her nose. "Ew. No. Why are you being nice?" She pointed her index finger at him with a smirk. "See, you've spent time with Type so now his niceness is rubbing off on you. Or maybe you just want impress him. You don't want him to get the wrong opinion."

Tharn smacked her hand down. "How do you know I haven't always been like this?" Eve pursed her lips and looked up at him from underneath her eyelashes. "Like I said, you don't know me."

She rolled her eyes as he walked out of the room. She sat back in her seat and finished tuneing her guitar.

A few hours later, Tharn was exiting his last class of the day when he received a text message from Eve.

Eve: Hey, I have to meet someone in the music room about the talent show, but I got held up in class. The professor wants to talk to me.

Eve: Do you mind meeting him instead?

Tharn: K.

He had to go a pick up his guitar, he had left in there at lunch, anyway.

Type stared up at the award wall in the music room. There were countless trophies and medal and certificates showing their achievements over the years. He was sure there were many more to come.