55

Type rolled over in his bed, feeling around next to him for Tharn, but the bed was empty and the warmth was gone.

He heard clattering in the kitchen and, on the edge of the bed, Type's school uniform was laid out for him.

He shuffled out of bed and opened the door, getting a whiff of something cooking.

He turned to check the alarm clock. It was only almost six.

Tharn was moving around quickly in the kitchen, not even noticing Type approach quietly behind him.

Type stopped in the doorway, leaning against it and crossing his arms. A smile made it's way onto his lips as he watch Tharn prepare breakfast.

This was definitely something he wouldn't mind getting used to.

"Good morning." Type finally spoke up, making Tharn turn quickly in surprise.

"Good morning. I wasnt expecting you wake up yet. Breakfast isn't quite ready yet." Tharn told him.

Type pushed off the wall and examined what Tharn was making. There were a few fruits and a few more familiar things, but he couldn't quite tell what Tharn was making.

He reached around Tharn and grabbed a piece of chopped strawberry off of the cutting board.

"Of course I'm going to be up. I didn't feel you next to me so I had to wake up." He admitted.

Tharn smiled and pressed a gentle kiss to Type's lips. "Well, now that you are up, why don't you go ahead and wash up while I finish up in here."

Type nodded at Tharn's suggestion. "I won't be long." He placed a few, quick kisses on Tharn's lips and cheeks before exiting the kitchen and making his way back to the bedroom.

He let out a small giggle and fell back onto the bed with a wide smile. He couldn't help but feel like a teenager in love for the first time whenever he was with Tharn.

What he had with Tharn was more than he could have ever asked for and that scared him a little. They had been together for a while, but not Type was worried there would be something that would test their relationship hard, causing it to crack.

At the same time, though, he was confident. Confident in his love for Tharn. Confident in Tharn's love for him. They fought for another. It would have to be something terrible for them to truly consider ending what they had. Right?

Type pushed the thoughts away and stood back up, grabbing his clothes.

He could worry about things like that later. When, if ever, it got to that point. Now? Now he just needed to go wash up and have breakfast with his boyfriend.

After washing up and a quick breakfast so they wouldn't be late, Tharn drove Type to the campus.

They kissed a few times, kept going back for more, as they were reluctant to part.

"Just text me when your class is over." Tharn said, giving him one last kiss before letting him go.

"Bye."

Tharn kissed the back of Type's hand as he opened the door. He promised himself that that was truly the last kiss.

"Bye."

He waited until Type was out of sight before driving off.

----------

It didn't take Tharn long to make it to the music shop. His mother had already been there for a bit and opened it.

He was just supposed to help her with anything that was to taxing or took to much of her energy.

"My son." Tharn's mom smiled wide and threw her arms in the air slightly as she greeted him.

"Had much traffic yet?" He questioned, kissing her softly on the cheek.

"No. We never get many customers this early in the morning. For now, it's just stocking in the back."

"Yes ma'am."

She smiled at him as he headed to the back. She followed after him a few moments later.

"Tharn, you don't mind if I ask you about you and Type, do you?" She questioned, leaning against the doorway.

Tharn shrugged. "Depends on what you ask about."

"You are happy with him?"

Tharn chuckled. "Of course I am."

"I'm glad." His mom smiled softly. "I like him. He's a good kid. He's nice. I've never seen you smile like you smile at him. It's what every mother should dream of for her kid."

"Mom, why are you getting all mushy?" Tharn stood up straight and eyed his mother as he continued about his job.

"What?" She laughed and waved it off. "I'm not. I'm just asking my son about his life since he never tells us or he's never home."

Tharn cleared his throat and looked down. "Mom, about that. Actually," he tapped his foot as he thought of what to say next. "I think I'm going to look for my own apartment."

His mother's eyes went a bit wide. "Well, aren't you growing up. Hm. Or maybe you're just tired of doing it only at Type's." She winked mischievously.

"Mom." Tharn scrunched up his face. "Ew. I really don't want to talk about my sex life with my boyfriend with my mom. But, if you must know, that might be part of the reason." He turned around quickly, hiding his embarrassment.

His mother laughed and shook her head. "Whatever the reason is, as long as it's good and legal, I'm glad that you're starting to do what you want. And I know it gets harder whenever San comes over."

She looked down at the concrete, not wanting to look up at her son's expression. She knew she would feel to guilty if it was a pained expression.

"I know that you're upset about what happened between the two of us, but you understand why I don't want people like Thorn to know."

His mother sighed deeply. "I shouldn't have listened to you. I'm the mother. So what if he's Thorn's friend. He hurt you, Tharn and we're just letting him get away with it." She wasnt raising her voice, but it was a bit stern.

"Mom," Tharn wrapped his hand around his mother's biceps and stepped forward. "What happened with San happened in the past, and I am indeed past it. Can't you move past it as well?"

His mother rolled her eyes slightly and looked away. "No."

"Mom, please. Dwelling on this will only keep the memory of it fresh in our minds. And now I'm trying to make new, happy memories with Type."

She let out a sigh. "San seriously doesn't bother you?"

Tharn shrugged. "He does but, I told Type it's kind of adorable to see him getting angry whenever San is around."

"It's cause he cares about you." His mom finally gave him a smile and patted his cheek. "Well, as long as you are doing what makes you happy then your dad and I are okay."

"Thanks, mom."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter.

Sorry for all the confusion. I accidentally published last night and had to quickly unpublish.