22

"Follow me."

Type let himself be pulled, by Tharn, out the back door of the bar. It lead right into a narrow alleyway that was deserted.

"Are you angry at me?"

"No." Type crossed his arms tightly over his chest, clearly angry.

"Are you angry at someone else?"

"No."

"Are you lying?"

"No."

Tharn let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "Type, please. Can we just talk about what is bothering you. If I did something, I want to try and fix it. I dont want this," he gestured between them. "To start off with some kind of miscommunication."

"Okay. Fine." Type huffed and threw his arms to his sides. "I'm jealous. Happy? Can we go back in?" He turned around to enter the bar again, but Tharn reached forward and stopped him.

"Jealous? Of Jade? I know she was flirting with me, but I tried telling her I was gay. You came and Eve interrupted before I could. I didn't mean to make you angry at me." Tharn questioned.

Type let out a deep breath before turning to look back at Tharn. "I'm not angry at you. I'm jealous because of what you guys were doing. It doesn't matter if she was flirting or not. You were dancing with her. A beautiful, young, model. You commented on how many drinks she had had, like you cared about her. Yet you didn't even really comment on me ordering a drink, which I did for that very reason. And I danced with that girl, but all you did was dance with Jade, again." He let out a frustrated sigh. "I know you dont like her. I know you could probably never like her. That still doesn't stop me from being jealous. But I dont want that. I dont want to seem like some controlling boyfriend who determines who you have fun with. Especially since I'm not actually your boyfriend." When he was finished talking, he looked down at his fiddling hands.

"Type." Tharn's hand was underneath his chin, forcing him to look back up at him. "It's okay to be jealous. Why didn't you just tell me?"

Type shifted back and forth. "Sam never liked it when I was jealous. He always got angry and told me I was controlling him."

Tharn let out a sigh. "Well, that's not how I feel. If there is something wrong, or something that makes you angry, like me dancing with Jade, I want you to tell me. I don't want to do something that makes you angry or jealous. That's not the kind of relationship I want for us. And please don't do something like drinking to make me pay attention to you. I know how you feel about it."

"I didn't even touch the drink." Type admitted. "I couldn't bring myself to."

Tharn chuckled softly and pulled Type close to him, making their chests bump into one another softly. He rested his hands on the small of Type's back and placed his face a few inches from his.

"I've never been with anyone other than Sam, and I didn't have the best experience with him. I dont know how to go on actual dates. And our kiss in the car was the first time I've actually ever initiated something like that. I dont know how to be with someone the right way." Type told him.

"There is no 'right way.' All couples learn as they go. They argue and some don't make up but most do. It's fine if you dont completely understand everything, because neither do I. That just means that we're going to get to grow and experience new things with one another. I think a date would be the perfect thing to do just that."

Type smiled wide and nodded.

Tharn leaned down a bit so his lips were touching Type's ear. "And are you sure that was the first time you initiated something like that? And would you do it again?"

Type smacked him softly on the arm. "No. It's embarrassing."

Tharn smiled wide and pulled back. He grabbed Type's hand and placed it over his own heartbeat.

Type gasped lightly when he realized Tharn's heart was beating quickly underneath his fingertips.

"Being close to you makes my heart beat a mile a minute. It makes me embarrassed too."

Type stared into Tharn's eyes deeply. He could feel Tharn's breath against his lips. Type could feel himself going cross eyed the closer Tharn got so he let his eyes flutter closed. He parted his lips softly.

The handle of the door jiggled, followed by a knock, making them both jump away from one another. 

"Maybe we should go back out there, though." Tharn said, pulling away. 

Type chuckled and nodded as he moved away from the door as well. Tharn opened the door and apologized to the man on the other side. "My bad. Must have been jammed." He brushed passed the man with Type close behind them and they made their way back to their table. 

Jade and her friend had also found their way back to the table. They were sitting down, sipping on their drinks and talking with Eve. They immediately looked up when Tharn and Type approached.

"Where did you guys go? You left us out there by ourselves." Jade tried to give them her cutest pout face.

"Sorry. We had to go to the bathroom." Tharn said, as he sat next to Type, moving a lot closer than they been last time. 

Tharn pressed his leg against Type's, smiling softly, as Jade started a conversation again. 

"Do we plan on staying here for the rest of the night?" She questioned. 

Eve shrugged. "I don't know. We could head over to a different bar, if you guys wanted." She looked over at the others. 

"Would you be accompanying us, Type?" Jade's friend leaned forward on the table, resting her head on the back of her hands. 

"I don't think so." Type shook his head. "I'm not one for drinking or nights out." He told her.

"What about you, Tharn?"

"Maybe." 

Tharn moved his hand underneath the table, taking Type's in his. He held it tight and intertwined their fingers. He rubbed the back of it with his thumb as he continued to talk. "I told my brother I would be home around one." 

"Oh come on. You're an adult. You don't need to be home so soon." She started pouting softly.

Type let out a shallow breath, trying to get jealous over nothing. He was the one holding hands with Tharn, though no one could see. He looked to Tharn with a smile. "Well, I was actually going to ask if you would take me home. Techno brought me, but I know he'd want to stay later." 

Tharn looked at him as well and nodded. "Of course. Just tell me when you want to go." 

Type nodded with a smile, feeling proud about being able to show off, in some way, that Tharn is his. 

"You guys are close, huh?" Jade chuckled softly. "You guys look kind of like brothers."

Tharn cleared his throat, adjusting himself differently in his seat. "Not exactly." He told her as Type stifled his laughter and Eve chuckled softly next to Jade.

"But, we're close." Type reassured her.

"Close? You guys literally made out in a closet."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?