10

Type entered into Sam's studio. 

Before he had gone to bed last night, he had thought a lot about what he would say when he handed the keys back to Sam. After going over countless things, he realized it was impossible for him to actually say anything that wouldn't make Sam retaliate with something that would make Type even angrier.

He made his way over to the where most of the equipment was set up. He usually left a lot of his own equipment at the studio because it was easier. 

Sam worked night shifts at a bar, so Type knew he was still asleep. So, he started packing up his things, being as loud as possible so as to wake Sam up. After about 20 minutes, he had accomplished his mission. 

Sam cam stomping down the stairs, still in his pajamas. His hair was a mess and his expression was overflowing with sleepiness.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He questioned.

"Oops. Sorry. Did I wake you?" He asked innocently as he continued packing up his things. "I just came to pick up the things I left here." 

"Why?" Same questioned.

"Because I'm not going to be using the studio anymore. I've found somewhere else." He stood up tall and turned around. "Which means I won't be needing these anymore." He held the keys put for Sam to take.

"Type, is this because of that guy that was here? Tharn or whatever?"

Type let out an annoyed sigh. He reached forward and took Sam's hand, placing the keys in it and dropping it again. "This has nothing to do with Tharn. I told you it was over, and being here just makes it harder for you to get it through your brain that it is. I saw a chance to fully cut you off and I'm doing that."

Sam scoffed and shook his head. "And who gave you that chance?"

"You want me to admit that Tharn was the one?" Type questioned, nodding his head. He threw his hands in the air and let then fall roughly to his sides. "Fine. I admit it. Tharn is the one who gave me the chance. And whatever relationship we have doesn't concern you."

"So, you are fucking him." It was a statement, not a question. Type rubbed his temples softly. He wanted this to be an in and out thing. "You aren't denying it." Sam took a few steps closer, making Type step back a few steps. "Does he know how you like it? Does he know what makes you scream? Does he know what makes you cum the fastest? Or where your sensitive spots are?"

"Sam, you don't even know those things. The only thing you know is what you want. The only scream I did while we were having sex was when I was in pain. But you got off on that didn't you?" Type shoved him hard on the chest. "And you know what? Tharn doesn't know those things. Instead, he knows how to make me laugh. He knows how to make me happy and not feel like shit." He grabbed his things and swung his bag over his shoulder. "Which is something you could never do."

He shoved passed Sam harshly, making his stumble back from the force of Type's shoulder.

Sam let out a deep growl and threw the keys across the room. They hit a wall and fell to the ground.

Type slammed the door loudly on his way out. When his feet touched the concrete outside, in the alley, he let out a deep breath and closed his eyes, falling against the wall. He clenched his fist tight. He needed to push himself to be stronger. Braver. Better.

----------

Tharn was sitting in front of his drum set, staring down at the book of music notes in front of him. He had been preparing for a while and yet he still felt his stomach twisting and turning with nervousness.

Eve was sitting next to him, making sure her guitar was in tune for the song. They were preforming first and needed to be ready. "Type texted. He said he's on his way." She told Tharn.

He cleared his throat, not looking up from his book. "Okay?"

Eve shrugged. "I just thought maybe you would want to know. You know, since you don't have his phone number or anything. He actually told me he wanted me to give it to you." She lied.

She had actually told Type the same thing, which visibly made him happy.

Tharn looked up from his notes. "He did?"

Eve nodded. "Yeah. He had this really goofy smile on his face when he told me."

Tharn smirked, remembering Type's goofy smile. "Okay. You can give it to me." He took his phone from his pocket and handed it to Eve, letting her put the number in.

She handed it back with a smile.

Tharn took the phone back and saved Type's contact. He cleard his throat again and dropped the smile, knowing Eve was staring at him. He placed his phone in his pocket again and went back to his music notes.

It took only 30 minutes for Type to arrive at the campus. Around his neck hung his camera. He figured he could get some good pictures for the school website.

He had changed out of his school uniform, which was what he was wearing when he visited Sam's studio. Now, he was wearing a navy blue button up shirt and a pair of black jeans. Both the sleeves on his shirt and the legs on his pants were cuffed. He rounded the outfit off with a black belt and pair of simple black boots.

He was dressed to impress, which is totally a figure of speech because he had no one to impress anyway.

He pushed through the surprisingly large crowd to get to the front for a better view. There was a lot of chatter and some girls squealing and giggling. He wasn't entirely surprised when he heard them mention Tharn's name.

He texted Eve and told her he had arrived, but would visit them off stage after they preform, which he was looking forward to, because the show was about to start.

She replied with an 'okay' and 'see you then'.

It wasn't long before Lin, the president of the music club, stood up on stage with a wide smile and began to speak.

She spoke about a fee school things before getting into the show. She had just the right amount of stage presence and happiness to make people in the audience peppy and excited for the show to come.

Soon enough, she introduced the first act. The band made up of music club members. Tharn's band.

Tharn walked out onto stage behind everyone else. As soon as Tharn and Type spotted each other they smiled wide. Type waved and Tharn gave him a small nod.

The lead singer, who Type didn't recognize, introduced the band and the title of the song. Type didn't pay to much attention as he snapped a few pictures.

He was looking through the pictures when the sound of music was carried to his ears. They had begun playing.

Type had never been to a concert or seen a band play live. The feeling of the music passing through his body, making him want dance and never stop smiling was the greatest feeling he had ever experienced.

It also made him smile to watch Tharn. He made playing the drums to look effortless. Though, for him, it probably was. The expression he held while he played moved something in Type, capturing all of his attention.

He raised his camera and watched Tharn through the lens before snapping many pictures of just him. He knew he should have been photographing the whole band, but he was sure there were other people there taking photos as well, so he didn't pay it much mind.

He liked the view.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?