34

Tharn stared at himself in the mirror. His eyes were still a bit red and puffy. He had stood in the shower with Type for what felt like hours, and neither one of them went more than a minute without some part of them touching.

Type had gotten out before him so Tharn could have a small moment along while Type prepared him something small to eat.

He placed his hands on the counter and leaned forward, taking a few deep breaths.

"Tharn." Type's voice was quiet as he knocked on the bathroom door. "The food is ready."

"Okay." He said, wiping away a few stray tears. "Be out in a second."

Type stood in front of the door for a few more moments before walking back to the kitchen as sitting down at the table.

A bit later, he heard the bathroom door open and a few seconds after that, Tharn walked into the kitchen.

Type gestured for him to sit in the empty chair across from him and he did so, resting his hands in his lap and staring down at them as Type placed the food in front of him.

Tharn looked up at Type with sullen eyes and a droopy face. Type returned the stare but gave him a small gentle smile.

Neither one of them had really talked since Tharn asked if he could stay. In truth, Type had no idea what to say. He had never been in the same situation so he didn't know how to console him with words. So, he tried his best to let Tharn know, physically, that he was there for him. He held him as much as possible and made sure he gave him small touches on the shoulder or arm.

"It's not much, but I figured it would be best to stay in and not go out and get something."

Tharn tried to give him a small smile and shook his head. "It's okay."

"Would you like some water? Or juice?" Type asked, standing up.

"Water is fine."

Type filled a glass with water and set it in front of him. "I have a phone charger you can use to charge your phone. I'm sure you'd like to call your brother."

"Thanks."

Type stood up and walked over to Tharn's side of the table. He leaned down and planted a small kiss on his forehead before going into the livingroom and grabbing the charger.

Tharn took a few bites before standing up from the table as well. He followed Type into the livingroom and walked up behind him, placing his arms around his waist.

"I don't think I can eat." He said, laying his head against Type's shoulder.

"Do you want to go lay down? We don't have to sleep, if you don't want to. We can watch a movie or something." Type suggested.

Tharn nodded and let himself be pulled into the bedroom by Type.

Type sat on the bed and pushed himself up to the top, tapping the empty place next to him for Tharn to get on the bed with him.

Tharn leaned forward and crawled up to him and plopped down, laying his head in Type's lap.

Type's hands went to Tharn's hair and he slowly began massaging Tharn's scalp.

"Thank you." Tharn said quietly.

Type chuckled softly and looked down at Tharn. “It’s the least I could do after everything you’ve done for me.”

Tharn wrapped his arm around Type’s legs and pressed his face into the side of his leg. “Does this mean I get to see you naked more often.”

Type scoffed and smacked him on the arm softly. “Pervert.”

“‘I’m just saying.” He said chuckling quietly. 

Type let out a sigh and leaned his head back against the wall. “You should call your brother now. I know you might not want to know their condition, but I know you’re also dying to know that they are alright.”

Tharn was silent for a few seconds. He stared at the wall in front of him as a few thoughts ran through his mind. Type was right. He pushed himself up from Type’s lap and nodded.

“I’ll wait out on the balcony."

Type stood up from the bed and grabbed his phone before opening the balcony door and heading out.

He watched Tharn go to his phone and click through it a bit before putting it to his ear.

Type did the same and waited until Techno answered the phone.

"You didn't call so I'm just going to assume that he showed up and you guys did it."

Type sighed at Techno's words. Why couldn't a simple 'hello' suffice?

"Yes. He showed. No we did not do it." Type said, letting out a sigh. "We're waiting."

"Did you chicken out?"

"No. Stuff happened and we decided it wasn't the right time." Type explained, turning back around to look at Tharn through the glass door.

He was nodding his head along to whatever his brother was saying. Every once in a while, he could see Tharn reply back.

"But he did show up?"

"He did show up. He explained why he was late and what happened and I'm not angry."

"Well, what happened?" Techno questioned.

Type sighed and shook his head. "It's a lot to explain. Look, I'll talk to you later. Just wanted to call and update you since I know you'd be constantly calling me in the morning."

"You know it." Techno chuckled softly. "I'll let you go. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"That leaves a lot open."

"Shut up and go back to your man."

Type chucked. "Bye."

"Bye."

Just as Type brought the phone from his ear, Tharn opened the balcony door and stepped out.

"It's stopped raining, I see."

Type nodded with a smile. "You know, my favorite weather is right before and after it rains. Just feeling the wind blow across your face. Smelling the fresh rain."

Tharn smiled and walked over to Type, wrapping his arms around his waist and leaning against him.

"What did your brother say?"

Tharn sighed and with a nod. "My father is out of surgery. They are both stable and the doctors are allowing more visitors tomorrow."

"I told you everything would be okay." Type said, wrapping his arms around Tharn's neck.

He leaned forward and pressed his lips lips to Tharn's. Tharn reciprocated the kiss, pushing his tongue passed Type's lips to taste him better.

Type smiled as they pulled away from one another.

"Oh come on. The time to get shy was when you were naked in the shower with me." Tharn joked.

Type rolled his eyes and slapped his again on the shoulder. "Are you really okay?"

Tharn sighed and shook his head. "Being here with you makes me okay. My parents are everything to me, but I have to trust that they will be okay, and right now they are. They would want me to be."

Type held up one hand and brushed back Tharn's hair. "Well, why don't we go and lay back down. We can wake up early tomorrow and visit them."

"You'll come with me?"

"If you'd like."

"I'd love that."

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?