18

Tharn sat in one of the chairs on the patio, staring out at all of the people in his backyard. There were kids, around his sisters age, running around, laughing and chasing each other. Some of them were splashing each other with water by the pool, or playing little games, away from everyone else.

Type was one of those playing a game. He was playing with Thanya and two other kids. They were all sitting in the grass, facing one another as Thanya taught them how to play. 

Tharn found himself smiling as he watched them. He had talked a bit more with his parents, mostly his mother, which he had explained to, on end, that his relationship with Type was purely platonic. She told him she believed him, but the look on her face told him that she wasn't telling the truth. 

Then his brother came to hassle him.

"And why are you keeping it platonic?"

Tharn chuckled, shaking his head. "That's what friends are."

"Okay, but you don't want to be just friends." 

"Never said that." Tharn shook his head.

His brother pursed his lips and tilted his head to look at his brother. "Oh come on. You don't have to. Neither of you do. It's almost sickening watching you guys stare at each other all of the time." 

Tharn smiled softly and looked down at the cup in his hands. "He's been through some things. I'm just waiting for the right time, and I don't think now is that time." He shrugged and took a swig of his drink.

Thorn placed a hand on Tharn's shoulder and squeezed lightly. "Look, things take time, which means there never is going to be a 'right time.' You start it and you work to make it better. That's how everything works. Besides, it's clear you both have some feeling for the other. I'm your big brother. I'm supposed to give you good advice, so take it." He patted his cheek a few times before standing up. 

Thanya ran over to them and stopped her brother from leaving. "We're playing hide and seek and mom said you guys had to play too." She smiled wide and looked up at her two older brothers. "I'm counting first, so you better hide fast." She quickly ran away and stood against the house, covering her eyes as she began counting up. 

The two men let out collective sighs before making their way to find a hiding spot. There were others who were rushing around as well. Tharn spotted Type, though, who was making his way up the stairs in the house. 

Tharn grabbed him by the hand and pulled him along with him. "I have a great spot." He told a confused Type. 

He pulled into his bedroom and to the closet. He rushed Type inside and followed after. It was large enough to fit them both comfortably, but it was also small enough that they had to be facing one another to truly be comfortable. Tharn looked it behind him. 

Type snickered. "You have a lock on the inside of your closet instead of the outside?" He questioned. 

Tharn shrugged with a smile. "Rich people do weird things. In this instant, my parents have locks on the inside of the closets."

Type chuckled lightly and shook his head. "No one can even open the door." 

"Exactly. Whenever we would play before, I would sometimes bring my phone and come hide in here. I'd wait here until I hear my sister getting annoyed before coming out. Sometimes it takes longer than usual." Tharn explained. 

Type slapped him on the shoulder lightly. "You're an asshole, you know that?" 

"I'm suddenly having deja vu." Tharn joked. 

They both fell silent until Type cleared his throat and spoke up again. "I like how close you guys are. Your family, I mean. I've always wondered what it was like to have siblings." 

"It's a lot sometimes." Tharn told him honestly. "We argue a lot, but we also have a lot of fun. We take care of each other as well. Give each other advice and teach life lessons." 

"What kind of advice?"

Tharn shrugged and looked away a bit. "The usual. Life. School. Relationships." 

"Relationships?"

"Yeah. Thorn told me, recently, that things take time and you need to work to make things better. That there is never a 'right time' to start something, so why wait?"

"And are you going to take that advice?" Type questioned. 

Tharn stared at him for a few moments before nodding. "Yeah. I think I am." 

Type nodded as well, a smile painted across his lips. "Can I be honest with you?" He asked, taking a deep breath as he felt his face heat up and his heart beat faster. He thanked God that the lack of light in the closet hid his reddening face.

"Of course."

Type let out a small, nervous, chuckle. "When I'm with you, I can't think straight. I feel nervous and my heart beats fast when you smile at me for too long. And the thought of telling you that makes me want to die of embarrassment." 

Tharn laughed deeply. "What do you feel right now?"

"Scared."

"Why?"

"I've never told anyone how I feel about them, and I have no idea what to do next." He admitted.

"Well, if you were honest, then can I be honest as well?" Type nodded. "I want to kiss you. Can I kiss you?"

Type swallowed hard before nodding again. 

Tharn raised his hand, brushing his fingers acrossed Type's cheek before embedding his fingers into his hair. He slowly pulled Type's head toward his as he leaned forward as well, to meet him halfway. Type's eyes fluttered closed as did Tharn's.

Type gasped softly when Tharn's lips grazed his. Type quickly wrapped his arms around Tharn's neck and pressed their lips together.

Tharn moved his arms to wrap them around Type's waist, pulling him closer. 

Their lips moved in sync with one another's. Tharn's tongue grazed against Type's top lip and was immediately granted access. Type let out a soft moan when Tharn's tongue began to explore the warm cavern.

Tharn pushed Type against far left wall of the closet, moving his hands to Type's hips and holding him against the wall. A few pieces of clothing, that had been hanging up on hangers, fell around them as he did so.

Type felt himself heat up, and not with embarrassment. 

A knock on the closet door forced the two young men apart. They were both breathing heavily, the small area around their lips and nose were red, and their lips were slightly swollen. 

"Tharn, I know you're in there. You've used this hiding space to much." 

Tharn cleared his throat at the sound of Thanya's voice. He and Type readjusted themselves before Tharn unlocked the door and opened it. 

Thanya was standing on the other side, her hands on her hips and a smile on her face. "Oh. So, you're sharing your hiding spot now?"

Tharn nodded. "I saw he was just wondering around, so I took him in there with me." He told her. 

She nodded. "Why are your lips red?"

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?

At the time I'm publishing this, it's exactly 12:00 A.M on July 29th, where I'm from, which means I am officially 17.