35

Tharn stood outside his parents' hospital room. Type stood beside him, their hands and fingers intertwined between them.

"There is absolutely nothing to worry about anymore, remember? Your brother said that they were awake and doing just fine. So, you are going to go in there and give them that charming smile of yours."

Tharn let out a sigh and nodded. He glanced at Type for a few seconds before turning the doorknob and pushing the door open.

They could hear the laughter and low voices of Tharn's family on the other side of the curtain.

Tharn pushed the curtain back and put on his best smile for his parents.

"Tharn, you're here." His mother smiled wide as she looked upon her son. She held her arms up to him.

He dropped his smile and leaned down, pressing his face into his clothes neck as he wrapped his arms around her softly.

"You weren't here when we woke up."

Tharn chuckled softly and shook his head. "I'm sorry I left."

His him waved her hand, dismissing his apology and looked up at Type. "It's quite alright. I've a feeling of where you went." She gave Type a small wink.

Type smiled softly and looked down at his feet.

"You're here now, though." His father said, speaking up.

Tharn stood up and released his mother. He wiped away the few stray tears that had fallen. "Yeah."

"And no crying. Come on, take a seat. We were just discussing your brother's piano skills."

Everyone chuckled and Tharn nodded, taking a seat in on of the empty chairs. Type stayed standing and leaned against the wall behind him, farther away.

He observed them talking and saw how wide Tharn smiled when he was around them. Even though they were sitting in the middle of a hospital room, Type swore that he would probably never be able to see then happier then they are in this exact moment.

He pushed himself off of the wall and quietly slipped out of the room, as to not disturb the happy family. 

He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts before stopping on his mother's and clicking the green button.

It rang a few times before she answered.

"Type, I've been waiting for you call."

He could hear the smile in his mother's voice, which caused him to smile as well. "I know. I've been meaning to call you, but I haven't had enough time."

"Oh. It's fine. It isn't like you're our only child or anything. Or like you just left us to go thousands of miles away, only calling us like once a month." His mother gasped as if she were about to cry.

He chuckled softly at her dramatic words. "Mom, you know I love and miss you guys. And I'm coming back to visit on my next break."

"I know. I know." She said sighing. "We just miss you too. Your father has got a few offers to franchise the resort. And I've taken on more students. How are you doing in school?"

Type sighed and leaned against the wall. "It's good. I joined the photography club and entered a contest. The results come out soon." He told her.

She gasped excitedly. "Oh yay! That sounds great. You'll have to call me as soon as you find out."

"I will." He said, chuckling softly.

"Have to met anyone new? Any friends? Anybody special?"

Type could imagine his mother raising her eyebrows a few times, suggesting something. "Actually," he stared into the hospital room. He had left the door open and could just perfectly see Tharn laughing. "There is someone special."