6

"Can you move to side just a bit? Yes. That's perfect." Type pressed the shutter button and stood up with a smile. "I think we're done."

Type moved to his computer, clicking through the pictures he had just taken. Eve accompanied him, smiling as they looked at each one. 

"You really are a great photographer." She said, placing her hand on his shoulder and giving him a small smile. "Speaking of being a great photographer, have you talked to Tharn yet?"

Type scoffed. "Tharn has nothing to do with being a great photographer. You just don't have a good segue."

Eve scrunched up her face. "You spoke with him for like 30 minutes yesterday and you're already becoming a jerk." Type shrugged with a smile, similar to the reaction Tharn would give. She laughed and slapped him softly on the arm. "Anyway, as I was saying, have you asked him why he lied to you about coming today?" 

Type shook his head, continuing to look through the photos. "I haven't had a chance. Don't think it would matter, though."

"And why not?" She questioned, crossing her arms. "He told you I had plans and that I asked him to come, which was a lie. Don't you think there was a reason why he lied?"

Type shrugged again. "Maybe he thought it would be nice for you to have time to practice for the show, but he didn't want to make you seem like a flake. That is a perfectly good reason to lie." 

Eve laughed loudly. "Please. I've never seen Tharn be nice enough to do that. All he does is sit around and read his music notes." She gasped, making Type jump a bit. "Oh my gosh. Except with you. I mean, he took time away from his music to talk to you." 

"That's only because he had to take pictures. Will stop trying to trying to twist things around?" 

"I am not twisting things around. I'm just stating the things I've seen. I've known Tharn since school started. I've watched him. Never have I seen him act like this. Plus, there are rumors at school that he's gay." She nudged him in the side. 

"How do you even know if I'm gay?"

Eve looked at him with an expression that voiced her silent thoughts. "Type, if you weren't gay, that would have been the first thing you stated when we began talking about this. Trust me, I've had my fair share of gay crushes."

Type chuckled. "That doesn't matter. It's as simple as this: I'm gay. There are rumors that Tharn is gay. We talked because we needed to. He's was just trying to be a nice guy, no matter what you may believe about him not being a nice guy." 

Eve let out a deep sigh. "Fine. I will only say this once, as to not rub it in how I am always right." She smiled and leaned in. "I told you so." 

Type rolled his eyes and pushed her away. "Whatever. Let's drop this so I can finish up my work." 

"Fine. I'm going." She looked around. "Look like the last one already left. That means you and Tharn are going to be the last ones here." She raised her eyebrows and smirked. "Have fun." She laughed and hurried out of the studio before Type could try and murderer her. 

Tharn was still sitting on the couch, his headphones playing music loudly. He hadn't taken them out since Eve arrived, to embarrassed that one of them might confront him about his lie. He felt more relieved with each minute that passed that they didn't come over to him.

Type sat down in the chair next to his computer and grabbed a blank piece of printer paper next to him. He wadded it up into a ball and threw it as hard as he could, hitting Tharn in the side of the head. 

He jumped slightly, clearly surprised. He looked up at Type who was laughing quietly. He removed his head phones, placing them into his pocket as he turned off the music. 

"Everyone has gone, again." Type told him, smiling. 

Tharn looked around, before nodding. "Sorry, I got distracted." He stood up and placed his book in his bag along with his phone and drumsticks. 

"It's fine. Eve and I had an interesting conversation."

Tharn cleared his throat and nodded. "And how did the pictures turn out?"

Type waved him over. "Come look."

Tharn set his bag down and walked over to the computer, leaning down behind Type and looking over his shoulder. They clicked through the photos from all of the shoots Type had done throughout the day.

"These remind me of how my mom used to take photos. She used to take photos like this. Ones that feel more emotional." Tharn explained. 

"You know a lot about photography because of your mom?" 

Tharn shrugged. "Not really. I would accompany her to a lot of her shoots, but I always paid more attention to music." 

Type snorted. "I can tell. Do you ever look at anything other than music notes on a daily basis?"

"Nope." Tharn shook his head. "I guess music is the same to me as photography is to you. Music is my life, always has been, always will be."

"Well, photography wasn't always what I was into." 

"Oh really?" 

Type nodded with a smile. "Yes. Really." 

Type had clicked a bit farther than needed and they came upon Tharn's photos, which were the last ones taken yesterday. 

"You were right. I am photogenic." Tharn smirked.

"Maybe, but, I don't know, these aren't my best. Are you free to stay a bit longer? Maybe we could retake them." Type looked up, his face inches from Tharn's. 

They were both silent for a few moments before Type stood up and cleared his throat. 

"I-I can stay." 

Type smiled. "Okay. I have an idea." He smiled and rushed across the room, getting a leather jacket that was hanging up. he rushed back and held it up, widening his smile. "Put this on."

Tharn took it from him, placing his arms through the sleeves and placing firmly against his body. "How does it look?" He asked, turning around slowly. 

"You look really good." Type nodded. "No, get over there so I can take photos." 

Tharn obeyed and got in front of the camera, while Type got behind it. 

"How should I pose?"

"How ever you want?" 

Tharn obeyed and sat in the chair, posing how he wanted. Type pressed the shutter button, capturing his photos of him. Type smiled as he did so. 

"Have you seriously ever thought about being a model?" He questioned.

Tharn shrugged. "Never. I mean, I know I'm good looking, but being a musician is something I've always wanted to do."

"Musicians can be models too."

Tharn shrugged. "I don't know. I don't want people to just see me because of my looks. I make great music. I want people to see that first." 

"What instruments do you play?" 

"Drums. Guitar. Piano. I also sing." Tharn told him.

Type laughed. "More than a triple threat."

Tharn nodded with a smile. "I guess so." 

"You know what? I take back what I said yesterday. You aren't entirely an asshole. You just like to be alone with your music." Type sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "You still could learn to be a little modest with your looks, though."

"Maybe."

Type finished up his pictures as they talked more, bonding. The more Type spoke to him, the more he realized they had gotten off of the wrong foot. Tharn was just more introverted than he looked. He didn't like being the center of attention, which Type understood. 

Tharn really was just a nice guy. 

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?