12

It wasn't long before almost everyone was drunk off of their asses. Techno and Champ were being stupid on the dance floor with their friends. Eve was slouched down on the couch across from Tharn and Type, who hadn't drank anything.

For someone who didn't like dancing, he had spent a good portion of the time dancing. He didn't limit himself to Tharn either. He didn't want to make it seem like he did indeed have feelings for him. So, he danced along with Eve and another random girl in the club.

It was close to 1 in the morning, and Type was feeling drained. He was taking a break from dancing since he felt like he would fall over if he even tried to walk another foot forward.

Though they were the only ones who could keep an actually intelligent conversation going, Tharn and Tyoe didn't talk much to one another. Even if they tried, being heard over the loud music wasn't going to be an easy feat.

When Type voiced his thoughts about heading home, Tharn made a proposition.

"Why don't we all just go back to my place? My parents are gone on a trip with my brother, and my little sister is staying the weekend with a friend. I have a couple couches and a spare bedroom."

No one, besides Type, actually knew what he was saying or was able to process it. They all nodded their heads and cheered, though, before taking another shot or two.

"You can follow me, in your car, to my place. I won't have enough room in my car, so Eve and someone else can ride with you. Is that okay?" Tharn questioned.

Type nodded as he stood. He let out a sigh and they got to putting their friends in their cars before heading for Tharn's house.

Tharn didn't like to brag that much but his family was rich. They weren't in a dirty business or anything. They had in fact earned every piece they make. But Tharn just didn't want someone to only see him for his money. He couldn't stop people from finding out, though.

They pulled up in front of the house and pulled into the driveway. Type parked his car behind Tharn's and they began the process of transferring their friends once again.

Techno and Champ took the bed in the guest room. The couch in the guest room was occupied by the second friend Techno and Champ invited. The couch in the livingroom was for Eve. And the chair in the livingroom was reserved for Type.

Tharn was sitting out on his back patio, staring into the pool. The wind was blowing a bit hard, creating small waves across the top of the water.

Type tucked Eve in and ventured outside, taking a seat next to Tharn.

"Everything good?" Tharn questioned.

Type nodded. "They're all passed out cold."

Tharn nodded as well. "Good."

Neither of them knew what to say next. It wasn't odd for them to be speechless with each other. They liked the silence as well. Sometimes it just felt nice to have that company.

Tharn felt like he needed to say something, though, to keep Type from going inside and leaving him out by himself.

"Why don't you drink?" He questioned, thinking of the first thing that popped into his head.

"My father was an alcoholic when I was younger. He's been sober for a little over 10 years now, but I still remember what he was like when he was drinking. I guess I just don't want to end up being something like that." Type told him honestly. It felt weird to be able to tell someone all about yourself and not have to lie. Tharn gave him that feeling. "What about you?"

"Not really a big reason. I drink sometimes, but even then it's only like a drink or two. My grandparents were killed by a drunk driver."

Type chuckled softly. "I guess we both have bruised pasts. Maybe that's why we get along so well."