25

Type stood in the middle of the football field. The sun was beating down on him and sweat glistened on his forehead. His hands rested on his hips as he watched his teammates kick around the ball.

Techno jogged up next to him, out of breath with even more sweat sticking to him. "So, you and Tharn?"

Type rolled his eyes. "What about us?" He questioned.

Techno shrugged and tilted his head to the side slightly. "Boyfriends?"

"Nope." Type shook his head, looking down at the grass and his kicked it with his cleats. "We aren't dating."

"But you want to."

"If you're asking if I like him, then yes. I like him. And we're going on a date this weekend. We've kissed, but nothing else." Type explained.

Techno nodded, a small smile appearing on his face. "Okay. I mean, he seems nice enough and he makes you smile. You act happier too. I dont really remember seeing you like this with Sam."

"Yeah, well, Tharn isn't Sam. So, let's not compare and contrast. Sam is in the past and Tharn is now."

Techno nodded again. "Okay. Well, we've got out first game next week, so, for now, let's focus on practice."

Type patted him softly on the shoulder. "I'm not the only who needs to focus. Dont think I didn't catch you staring off into space at Champ. I would ask if there's something going on with the two of you, but I'm not sure if I really want to know." He chuckled softly.

Techno clenched his jaw. He slapped Type on the chest, making him laugh louder. He pushed Techno away and jogged down the field, eventually running faster as Techno chased him.

When practice was over, Type changed into his regular clothes and made his way out of the locker room.

After waking up earlier in the morning, Tharn and Type went out for breakfast and talked a bit. They had picked a time for their date, and it was agreed that Tharn would pick him up from his apartment.

They agreed to spend the least amount of time with each other for the next two days. They talked and felt like it was better to not always spend time together. Not that they thought they would get tired of each other, but they were each their own person and had their own things to do.

They did text, though. They also called around lunch time to ask about each other's day. Tharn had made plans to have a nice dinner with his family and Type was just going to stay home and work on some homework or photo editing.

Type was walking to his car when he was approached by a young kid in a school uniform. After a bit of confusion, Type recognized him as Mix, the boy Sam was with at the restaurant. His new model.

Mix stood in front of him, stopping him in his tracks. "It's Type, right?"

"Can I help you with something?" Type asked, adjusting his bag on his shoulder.

"I know about you and Sam."

Type tolled his eyes. "Whatever you think is going on between us is wrong."

"You mean about how you kept coming back for more? He told me everything. He didn't want our relationship to be built off of lies." Mix said, making Type scoff.

"Look, Sam and I havent been anything in a while. I've moved on, which is something I've made very clear to Sam on multiple occasions. I also have no idea why you're here, nor do I care. So, if you'll excuse me I'll be leaving first." He pushed past Mix, bumping him in the shoulder and making him stumble back.

"I'm here to tell you to watch your back." Mix spun around and Type did the same, rolling his eyes slightly. "Sam's told me all of the stories. How you played with him. How you treated him and messed with his head. Same deserves better, so dont think, for a second, that you can come running back again."

Type took multiple, large stride forward until he was a mere inches away from Mix. "Don't come here, telling me to watch my back when you dont know anything. You're to young to see it, but soon enough you're gonna reach an age when you see just how toxic he is. Those stories he told? Lies. The things he says? All lies. You may think it's cute, or whatever, when he calls you in the middle of the night, asking for sex. You may think it's cute when doesn't want you to meet any of his friends because he says it makes him jealous to see you hang around other guys. You may think him apologizing and giving you gifts after an argument so you'll automatically forgive him is nice. But let me break it to you. He did the exact same things with me. You're childish and naive right now, and that's what he likes about you. So, next time he calls after going MIA for a few days, or next time he's a bit too aggressive during sex, try being a little smarter. Because next time you come around here telling me to watch my back, I will not hesitate to put you on your ass."

Mix stood there in silence as Type turned around and continued his path to his car.

He was breathing heavily and felt his heart beating quickly. He could feel the anger radiating off of his body. He felt like he could explode at any moment.

He couldn't believe that Sam could still get to him. Even though Mix was the one who had been the little bitch just now, it was still all about Sam.

Sam. Sam. Sam.

He could never get away from him. No matter what he did. He went through the past few years, living with his toxicity and never doing anything about it. Even after he had broken up, they had had a sexual relationship.

Sam had been Type's first boyfriend and Type believed it was love. He had showed Type things he had never experienced before and it made Type feel special. So, after breaking up with him, Type felt lonely, no matter how many friends or things he surrounded himself with. And he didn't want to have sex with a random person, even though it probably would have been better than how Sam had treated him. Sam was the best choice.

Eventually, Type had had enough, though it did take a long talk with Techno to come to the decision. He wanted out, once and for all. He wanted to move on and be himself. Something he could never be with Sam.

Type made it to his car, yanking open the door and getting in quickly before slamming it closed again.

He threw his bag in the passenger seat and stuck his key in the ignition. He pulled out his phone and stared at Tharn's contact. His finger hovered over the call button, but he ultimately decided against it and shut off his phone before throwing it in the seat with his bag.

He buckled up and made his way home.

__________

Thoughts on this chapter?