Chapter 18

"Coco, be ready. They'll be here soon."

"Lo, it's Coenraad. Don't use that ridiculous nickname of me here in the company and in dealing with business."

I walked out of his office room after, only to find out that they're here already, walking towards my way so I decided to go back.

I was very young when I first saw her. Since then, I felt how the sweet smiles of her flatters my heart, the look on her pretty eyes mesmerizes me and the way her soft voice talks and laughs gives me the feeling of amusement. I knew from that moment that I want to marry her.

"Lolo, I want her! Talk to her parents since you're close to them!" I demanded when we arrived at home after the Sinclair visited our company.

Walong taong gulang palang ako pero hindi ko na maipaliwanag ang galak na naramdaman ko nang makita siya. She's with her parents and sister. Hindi ko siya malapitan dahil nakadikit siya sa Ate niya kaya hanggang tingin lang ako 'nong araw na iyon. Napapangiti na lang din ako kapag ngumingiti siya o humahagikhik dahil sa usapan nila ng Ate niya. I must say, she's so cute.

"Coco, nakakahiya sa kanila. I'm still building our relationship and it's not yet time for an arrange marriage. You're still young for pete's sake!"

"Just talk to them! Tell them that Aislinn's meant to be with me! When I'm twenty, I'm gonna marry her!"

"Jusmiyo, hijo! Kay bata-bata mo pa ay iyan na agad ang iniisip mo imbes na pag-aaral mo at ang business natin. Besides, twenty is still young!"

Mas lalo lang akong nagwala. Lahat ng mahawakan ko ay itinatapon ko sa kung saan.

"No! I want her! Just her, Lolo!"

"Stop it! Hindi siya laruan at mga luho mo na basta-basta mo na lang makukuha. Lahat ng bagay ay pinaghihirapan, hijo. If you really want her, then prove it to her and to yourself. Maraming oras para riyan kaya tumigil ka na."

Lolo has been with me since I was born. That's what I know. Siya na lang ang pamilyang itinuturing ko ngayon. Kahit kailan ay hindi ko nakilala o nakita ang mga magulang ko. My Lolo said that my Mother died from giving birth to me while my Father met an accident. I don't really care. Si Lolo na ang kinamulatan ko kaya sa kanya lang ako na-attach. Hindi ko rin gusto ang ibang kapamilya namin.

"Promise me that you will help me to get close to her as you arranges our marriage when we're in the right age!"

Lumapit siya sa akin para buhatin ako. Pinunasan niya rin ang ilang luha na pumatak sa pisngi ko. My eyes widened when I just realized what I did.

Did I really cried for her? Did I broke things just to make sure that I'd get her?

"I promise, hijo. Now, now, let's take you to your room."

Napakapit na lang ako ng mahigpit sa leeg niya, tahimik at naguguluhan.

I noticed some changes in my behavior since I was six. There are times that I'd become violent and aggressive. It made me hurt myself or broke the things that I can see. But most of the time, I'm just silent, cautious, behave and observant. The other me is very different from the other me. It's like a black and white dimension of my world.

"Lolo!" I shouted when I felt the excruciating pain in my head. Parang nabibiyak ang ulo ko.

Minutes later when the double doors of my room swung open. My Lolo and some of our maids ran towards me with worry and scared look on their faces.

"Coco!" Dinaluhan ako ni Lolo. He hugged me while my hands are still on my head. I closed my eyes tightly when I was about to lose my consciousness but when I opened my eyes again, all I can see is darkness.