Chapter 21

He visibly gulped as his eyes took the time to roam thoroughly over every inch of my body, his gaze lingering in particular on my chest. 

God, this was humiliating. 

My outfit was so ridiculous, I had driven him to the point of speechlessness. He probably had so many insults; he didn't even know where to start. 

He swallowed harshly and his eyes snapping back up to meet my own, staring at me like he was in a dream-like daze. I cleared my throat awkwardly and tore my gaze away from him. With as much confidence as I could, I quickly scampered around the large kitchen island and quickly snatched a bottle of water from the cooler on the floor. 

Now that was done, I was ready to get the fuck out of here.

 Upon turning to leave, I heard an awful shrill sound which caused me to stop dead in my tracks. A tall, lanky looking guy from the soccer team had taken it upon himself to release an obnoxiously loud wolf whistle, as he glued his eyes shamelessly to my ass.

 "Fuck me, look at the ass on that one," the idiot said, as he rudely gestured to where I was standing.

 I screwed my face up him in disgust. Who the hell says that about someone when they're still there? At least have the decency to say it after I've left the room. 

The glazed look in Ethan's eyes vanished in a second, replaced instead with unmistakable rage.

 "The fuck you just say, Johnson?" Ethan sneered, as he angrily pushed himself off the counter, and squaring himself up in the guys face. 

"Hey, hey. Ethan be cool. He doesn't know who she is, he's new." A second guy piped up quickly, as he tried to push Ethan away a little.

 Ethan looked slightly irritated by the interruption, but his words seemed to resonate with him and he stepped back a little. 

"You're off the hook this time because you're new but if I hear one more word about my girl, from that shitty little mouth of yours, you better run." Ethan hissed in between gritted teeth. 

The guy didn't say a word, and just frantically nodded his head.

 I almost choked on my own spit from the shock of his words.

 "Sorry, your girl? Did you recently adopt me or something?" I interrupted sarcastically with an incredulous scoff. I didn't know if, I should feel annoyed or amused by Ethan's blatant lie. He didn't have to make up a lie about us being together, just to get the guy to back off. 

Ethan turned around to face me and shook his head in disappointment before storming his way over to me. He took his soccer jacket off with haste before quickly wrapping it around my shoulders. He worked quickly to button up a few holes of the jacket, while I just stood frozen, feeling too confused to even speak.

 Shooting one final nasty glare back at the lanky boy, he snatched my wrist and yanked me in the direction of the door.

As soon as we were out of the kitchen, he spun me around fast and pushed me up against the wall of the corridor. He was so close, that I was instantly hit with the sharp smell of his cologne. 

"Why Mia? Why, just why?" he stammered out in frustration. "You could have worn anything, and you decided on this. Are you fucking kidding me?" he scoffed.

 His words felt like a sharp slap in the face and I recoiled back a little, feeling hurt. "I get that you don't like it Ethan, but there's no need to be rude." I snapped. 

Ethan let out a harsh chuckle. "There's a hell of a lot of things I feel about you in this dress Mia, and dislike is certainly not one of them. Not by a long-shot." He gulped as his eyes drifted up and down the length of my torso.